daleandtopaz, Other/Just Looking in Columbus, OH

is there a lot of criminal activity in this area? or is it basically average, compared to other areas close to downtown?

Asked by daleandtopaz, Columbus, OH Tue May 15, 2012

I'm considering purchasing a home nearby Children"s Hospital

Answers

4
Pro31press’ answer
You should look at Bulen-Whittier Gardens - larger lawns, strolling neighbors, one of the original in-burbs of Columbus. Crime is typical for a city neighborhood in a large metropolis. Walk to Livingston Avenue bus to get to Children's hospital. Close to Bexley shopping, almost walking distance
How nearby to Children's Hospital do you wish to be? There are, like most cities, some areas that one find to be more attractive than others in terms of safety, amenities, walkability and schools. Have you compared this area to other parts of Columbus?
Dale, crime and prices usually go hand-in-hand. If you see a "cheap" neighborhood vs. an expensive one, and they are in the same general area, there is a reason. Normally it is partially related the crime, which affects resale. The communities around downtown have varying prices. Again, it relates to desirability...which is affected by safety.
You can get a free crime report on my website. It is http://www.toddgreensellscolumbus.com. It will give you what crimes have happened in a certain area. Let we know what else I may do to assist you with your real estate purchase. My number is 6143482100 or you can reach me by email at toddgreenrealtor@msn.com.