Crime & Safety in Mayfair>Question Details

Missy9385%40…, Home Buyer in

is mckinley st a bad neighbood hood?

Asked by Missy9385%40gmail.com, Tue Mar 19, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/homes/Pennsylvania/Philadelphia/sold/1…

Answers

11
Debra (Debbie) Rose’s answer
Missy, I can understand that as a consumer you want to to have that sort of question answered.

The truth is, not only can we, as realtors, not answer it...honestly, it is too subjective to answer even if we could.

What might be "bad" to one person, is another person's "perfectly fine" neighborhood.

There are people buying and selling in all kinds of neighborhoods all the time, so an agent's personal opinion of what might be good or bad isn't important.

It's what YOU think that matters.
You can use trulia's list of agents to find a local agent who can help you discover the answers to your question, or at least point you in the right direction.

Best wishes...........
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 19, 2013
Hi Missy,

As a Real Estate Professional, I can only answer questions about houses not about people or scenarios in communities.

In the meantime, you can refer to the following website to determine some of a neighborhoods features.

http://www.crimereports.com

I am a licensed PA Agent! Please contact me for all your residential questions, buying, selling, and renting needs in the near future! I'm never too busy for your inquiries!

I found my niche! I will be licensed in NJ by winter of 2013!

GRATEFULLY,

Alexis Jeffries
Liberty Bell Real Estate
Of Jenkintown
Office: 215-885-3332
Direct Phone: 215-237-4147
Email: alexisjrealestate@gmail.com
This is probably a little late, but as someone who's not a realtor and grew up in this area... It's not a bad neighborhood. Mostly working-class/middle class people just living their lives. It has an almost "burby" feel to it compared to other parts of the city. There's petty crime that happens, but you'd be hard pressed to find anywhere in the city where it doesn't.
Thanks end up moving to bensalem,pa 25 min from philly..
Flag Fri May 31, 2013
thank you for the "best answer" - good luck with your move!
As I was told the answer is simple "IT DEPENDS" Call me and I'll tell you what it depends on

Philip J. Cunningham Sr.
V.I.P. Realty Corporation
7942 Bustleton Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19152 215-725-5700 X49
PhilCunningham2004@yahoo.com
Web Reference: http://WWW.GreatPaRE.com
Missy,

A neighborhood is only as bad ....as you would leave yourself vulnerable.

ANYWHERE you move to........ always be sober and vigilante
.

On a lighter note ..... try this site- http://www.walkscore.com/

All the Best John and Sheri... 215-757-2889
You know what Mrs mosley imma politely remove my self from this conversation before I end up saying something I regret..Im not asking u to do anything ... I was just asking a generally question..
What part of real estate agents are forbidden didn't you understand. No professional is going to put their license on the line. The remedy again is to go on the Philadelphia police website. Sometimes you have to be proactive on your own behalf and not look for the simple answers. Good luck to you.
Well damn I'm not from philly moving from Florida just needed a a simple yes or no..
Good evening,Missy;
Real estate agents are forbidden from making comments about any area.You can go onto the police dept website & look up the crime statistics.
If you are not working with an agent, call me and will be happy to help you find a new home.
Don Sherman-SRES
Century21 Advantage Gold-Castor
Cellphone-267-716-8228
Email-realtor94@gmail.com
You need to make that determination