Crime & Safety in Douglas>Question Details

nhm10, Renter in Chicago, IL

is it safe to live there?

Asked by nhm10, Chicago, IL Tue Jun 12, 2012

Answers

6
Tracey15246’s answer
Yes, it is safe there. I used to live a block away on either side of Giles Avenue (5 years on Calumet Avenue and 10 years on Prairie Avenue). Giles is extremely safe in general, but as well with two police stations within a short distance away. A criminal would be a fool to bother anyone around here!
Hi nhm10,

Trulia has a Crime Maps feature which can help you determine the crime levels of neighborhoods.

To find the Crime Maps feature in the Douglas, follow this link:
http://www.trulia.com/real_estate/Douglas-Chicago/2899/crime/

If I can help with anything else, just let me know!

Kim
Community Manager, Trulia Voices
As indicated, we cant comment on things of this nature.

I would go there at different times of the day and night. Only you can answer this question for yourself.
All agents should and will respond the same way here: by law, we cannot comment on the safety of neighborhoods. You should research the area thoroughly, check out crime stats online, visit everyblock.com, and drive around the neighborhood day and night if you can. We can then help you to learn about the real estate market there!
Ask your friends/family or coworkers. Agents cannot answer this and just refer you to check local police crime statistics.
i wanted to live in any place close to illinois college of optometry so anywhere is good i want a walkable distance preferably.
Flag Tue Jun 12, 2012
Where do you want to live?

Do your due diligence on the neighborhodd and visit it at different times of the day to see how you feel about the local activity. Also vist the local police station and request info.