Crime & Safety in Eastside>Question Details

Mei, Home Buyer in Val Verde, CA

is it safe to live in the eastside on tacoma? I have seen too much negative comment from several website, i

Asked by Mei, Val Verde, CA Thu Apr 16, 2009

have never been there, so i really need to know how bad is it there as my budget of home lies in that area.... thanks for your help

Answers

8
A great way to find out about the safety in a particular area is to contact the local police and ask.
im 13 yrs old and my family is about to move their is it really bad i dont want to die before age of 14!!!!!! :(
This entire area is crime ridden. I've lived on the eastside for years and have dealt with the gangs, robberies and murders on a weekly basis. It's not the place to buy a home. I live here because I'm on assistance.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 15, 2009
East 47th should be great all the way through from Pacific ave. The new Shalishan area is at the very east end and is a wonderful and very organized community being built the Tacoma Housing Authority. They do execellent work and really have it together when it comes to safety. They have a few select homes for purchase in each phase that they build. If you would like to have your own personal representation give me a call.
Eric
If you would like to talk and discuss different areas give me a call 253-576-4304 as I would be happy to get a little more information from you. It really is up to you as to what you consider safe and what your personal preferences are.

We should talk, call me...chat soon!
Whether or not a neighborhood is "safe" is a very personal decision. It's a good idea to check out a neighborhood at different times of the day & night as well as on weekends so you can see what the activity is like and whether it is acceptable to you. I highly recommend checking out the Pierce County Sheriff's Neighborhood Crime Homepage to see what they are showing for the statistics in and around a property address that you like. But, for comparison purposes, be sure to look at the statistics for the neighborhood you are currently living in . . . you may be surprised at what you find! The comparison should help to put it in perspective for you.
Hello Mei what is your price range? I would suggest the North or Westside of Tacoma, also some areas of South Tacoma.

If you send me your price range and what you are looking for I will run a massive search and send you everything that will work for you within 10 minutes.

Also see the link below for the n.hood crime data for specific areas.

I hope to hear from you soon, be well and enjoy your day!
specifically on E 47th Street Tacoma, WA 98404 i notice many home there are below 100k