mary soilex, Home Buyer in Bronx, NY

is it safe?? i am afraid,

Asked by mary soilex, Bronx, NY Tue Apr 26, 2011

Answers

7
Steven Joseph Colon, Esq’s answer
Crime Stats are also available through the local precincts community affairs officer. I believe that is the 44th PCT. There are some lessdesirable ares in the 44th but I think on the concourse with all of the courts this is less of an issue
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 7, 2012
I have lived at 1100 grand concourse for 3 years and feel very safe. there is always a police officer outside the housing court during business hours, and the concourse is full of people day and night. never had any problems. i live in good building, it's a co-op. great super/porter and mostly nice friendly neighbors. my only complaints - no good restaurants and it can get noisy, especially when music is blaring on the weekends.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 7, 2012
who has lived in 1236 grand concourse 167th street 10456 ineed help
it is just like les champs elysees don't worry
When it comes to any safety concerns, for the most accurate and up to date information, do contact/visit the local police department, ask all your questions and hear all there is to hear firsthand.
Dear Mary,

I have lived in the Bronx all for a majority of my life and find that each person has their own perspective of what is safe and what is not. There are some neighborhoods that some clients have bought homes in and others where buyers have shyed away from because of their own experiences. When you look at various areas there are people that live there and are perfectly happy and comfortable. I would suggest that you visit the neighborhood or even the local police precint to find out what the crime statistics are.

Below I have attached a link for you to visit the statistics of the area.

Best of luck. Please give me a call if you would like to discuss further.

Nirmala Caraballo
Licensed Real Estate Agent
Cruse Realty
1408 White Plains Road
Bronx, NY 10462
Tel.: 646-479-7873
Email: nhcaraballo@yahoo.com
The Concourse is a rapidly developing neighborhood and along with the gentrification comes a new mind set of progressiveness. Some of the poshest neighborhoods in the world have some unexpected crime statistics unfortunately so it is very subjective. As a listing agent I can only speak about my own neighborhood where I have my listings and I have done my research and discovered that the residents feel pretty safe living in those parts. My suggestion to you would be to spend some time in the neighborhood and around and see how comfortable it makes you feel as no amount of convincing on my end will make you feel any more confident unless you experience it for yourself.
~Shalabh