Crime & Safety in Chickasaw>Question Details

M.reed96, Renter in Louisville, KY

is it a safe area for my daughter to live while attendung college in the area,thank you,god bless.?

Asked by M.reed96, Louisville, KY Thu Aug 23, 2012

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/rental/3017610147-1201-S-43rd-St-Louis…

Answers

3
Julie Brittton’s answer
If your daughter is going to WKU, I can tell you Bowling Green is a great town. My son attended college there and loved Bowling Green so much he bought a house and now lives there. The people there are very nice and unlike some college towns, the students feel very welcomed. It's a mix of small city convenience (A large Mall and many great places to shop) and lots of places to eat. Just a few miles away is Barren River and it's a beautiful area. Good luck to your daughter and God Bless!
What amount or type of crime would be acceptable or unacceptable to someone is impossible to determine by another individual. We all have different tolerances. I feel that prospective buyers should drive by a property that they are interested several times, at different times of day.

Believe it or not, the best person or agency to talk to about crime statistics in Louisville, is the Louisville Metro Police Department (502) 574-7111 or (502) 574-2111. Just contact them and give them the property address you are interested in.
If she is attending UofL, staying on campus should be just as safe as any other campus. To be honest, it's not unusual for there to be bad neighborhoods near any large college campuses in metro areas. College students tend to drive down property values and with low property values, you often get the non-college bad element.

Here is a crime map of Metro Louisville:
http://www.louisvilleky.gov/MetroPolice/CrimeMaps/

You may think by looking at it that maybe there is much heavier crime in the city, but bear in mind that as you get farther from the city that there are other police departments that don't contribute to this site.