Crime & Safety in Marietta>Question Details

Valentina.ho…, Home Buyer in Marietta, GA

is crime going to be an issue if i decide to move here? as a parent i only want my child's safety

Asked by Valentina.hoyos, Marietta, GA Sat May 26, 2012

Answers

3
The best source I've found for crime statistics, along with other pertinent information about buying a home, such as weather, earthquake, pollution, and quality of life is clrsearch.com. It's a home search web site, but it also has all of the statistics you need when deciding which area to live. Just look up any town, then at the bottom, click on the demographics. It will even compare two towns or cities to the U.S. averages.
It doesn't just tell about the crime rate, it even breaks it down to which crimes, such as burglary, larceny, murder, etc.
One of the best ways to research this is to go directly to the police department. If you are looking in Cobb, you can hit this website for the police email notification system (PENS):

http://portal.cobbcountyga.gov/index.php?option=com_content&…

This will help you keep up-to-date on crimes and trends.

Thomas Andre
Wilcher Properties Group, LLC
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 26, 2012
Hi, Ms. Hoyos:
If you are not familiar with a particular area when buying a home is very important that you hire a Buyer agent. Buyer agency in Georgia is free of cost to buyers, not only can save you a lot of work and time, also gives you a piece of mind that you are buying your home under the best terms and price. Buyers agents will provide you with a competitive market analysis of homes sold recently, homes currently on market in your area of interest, to make sure you are buying at the best price.
If you are not currently working with a real estate agent, I would more than happy to assist you in any way possible. I am pretty knowlegeable of Marietta and other cities and I can guide you through the process at no cost for you. We have 9 locations around Atlanta. You can also look for homes at my website. If you are interested you can contact me at: 678-5219231.