joanne.wilso…, Renter in Bronx, NY

is city island racially diverse?

Asked by joanne.wilson2000, Bronx, NY Wed Jun 13, 2012

Answers

3
Miriam Rosa’s answer
Legally no realtor can give out information about the ethnicity of a particular neighborhood . The best way is to research the area yourself. Visit the area on different days and different times of day to get a sense of the neighborhood.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 13, 2012
Visit a neighborhood several times to get a sense of belonging. Check out area statistics; real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods; so, you should check out demographics on your own to assure your comfort level can be reached.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 13, 2012
The best way to know if City Island is diverse enough for you, is to visit City Island on a weekday. Aim to straddle your arrival time frame for an hour before most people return from work at rush hour, to an hour or two afterwards (when there will be more residents out and about, shopping in grocery stores and pharmacies, where you should poke your head into). I stress the weekday, because City Island attracts a great many non-residents during the weekend, who come for the seafood dining and opportunities to go fishing off the wharf or with charters. Many different kinds of people come in droves from Orchard Beach after a hot summer day on weekends for the restaurants, and this may or may not be reflective of the residency (to an outsider).

You should be advised however, that the way you posed the question is extremely non-PC (having correlated crime and safety with race by posting it in the section you did, ..slap slap), and no agent can answer this directly for you (with the answer you apparently want) without sticking their foot in their mouth. It makes no sense to consider living in a place if you won’t go to get a feel for it yourself and see how comfortable you are there. Good luck!

Mark Weitzman
Associate Broker
Prudential Douglas Elliman Real Estate
mweitzman@elliman.com
Serving Manhattan & Riverdale, and NOT Manor Park
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 13, 2012
I did not know I was being "non-PC", thanks for telling me. I thought it was a great question.
Flag Thu Jun 14, 2012