kimberleejjjj, Renter in McKeesport, PA

is New Orleans a safe place to live..I know it's known for high crime,,however,I'm relocating from another state..I'd like to know the real deal there

Asked by kimberleejjjj, McKeesport, PA Sun Mar 10, 2013

Answers

5
The Clouse Team’s answer
Much like any other city New Orleans has it's fair share of crime, however, some areas of the city have less than others. As an officer told my mom over 45 years ago "watch your purse and watch your person" which means be aware of your situation and try not to allow yourself to become a victim. We have been selling real estate in New Orleans for years and have had no problems at all with being a victim of crime. So I certainly would not let your fear of crime stop you from moving to our great city. Also for an excellent breakdown of areas/neighborhoods in New Orleans just use the link below. Happy house hunting!

http://www.clouserealty.com/Map-New-Orleans-Neighborhoods

Ken Clouse
KenClouse.com
Branch Manager
Realty Executives
Off: 985-307-1058
Fax: 985-307-1059
KenClouse@RealtyExecutives.com
I moved to New Orleans about two years ago. My friend moved here about a week after me. I moved close to the CBD, a couple blocks from the Superdome and in the heart of the city. My friend moved to Metairie (the outskirts of the city) in a gated apartment complex because she "wanted to feel safe".

Since we have been here, she has had her purse stolen, her car hit twice, and been mugged while in the Quarters. I have had not one problem since I have been here.

The truth of the matter is that if you are aware of your surroundings and practice safety at all times (like walking into one of the many well-lit bars or stores if you feel you're being followed in the Quarters, or not leaving your purse or belongings unattended), you should be ok.

Of course, things happen everywhere. Other than that, it's trulyabout being smart; the same as it would be anywhere else.
Quarter. There's only one.
Flag Thu Oct 31, 2013
New Orleans is a complex laid back city with all types of issues.The best way to get the fact on what type of crime happens in a neighborhood is by contacting the police in the district. We have pockets of high crime due to drugs like most city. Always be smart are what your are doing and do not be a target.

GINA MURPHY
Wirth-Moore Realty, LLC
3715 MAGAZINE ST.
NEW ORLEANS, LA 70115
Cellphone: 504-410-4808
Office: 504-866-3746
Fax: 504-218-4188
E-mail: Gina@wirthmoorerealty.com
Visit my website noted below. This page has links to some typical neighborhoods in New Orleans.

The real deal is if you are not a drug dealer, peddle in illegal activities you significantly reduce your opportunity to be a statistic.

Like any big city there are issues, but unlike most American cities, New Orleans has a soul...made up of many friendly people and places.

Billions of $ are being spent to rebuild infrastructure..from roads to one of the worlds largest hospitals. We have traffic problems, caused often by the many movies being shot here...Louisiana is the 3rd largest producer of movies and associated business.

Being able to eat in some of the world's best restaurants within a 5 mile radius of your house means the most dangerous aspect of living here is avoiding gaining weight...but we have the 8th largest City Park and the beautiful Audubon Park to help you work off those dangerous calories.
If you are from another large city , you will find us comparable in many ways . Our crime stats are comparable . We have better food , music and commute times than most . We have worse streets , polititians and police than many . There is a give and take . Most residents would not relocate for love nor money . Come try out the life in the "dream state" by leasing something in an area that appeals to you and take it from there . We would love to introduce you to our life .
Would you mind writing me, if you see this message with your phone number? I live in No. Cal., in a small town and the rudeness of the people is really pushing off that part of the map.
Flag Mon Oct 7, 2013