keefe007, Home Owner in Philadelphia, PA

if your daughter has lived in the suburbs her whole life, would you let her buy a home on edmond st in phila

Asked by keefe007, Philadelphia, PA Fri Jul 26, 2013

I am worried about the crime and its looks like a bad area

Answers

5
How old is your daughter? She needs to be the one to make up her mind. From experance the more you try help the more head strong some children become.
Why don't you both go sit by the house at different times of the day and watch what goes on.
And you can always contact the police to ask about the neighborhood,
also the very best way is find an older neighbor that has been there for some time. That is key they are more then happy to talk and they will be honest because it is there neighborhood..
Please call the Philadelphia Police Second District at 215-686-3020 and ask for the Community Relations Officer

Philip J. Cunningham Sr.
V.I.P. Realty Corporation
7942 Bustleton Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19152
215-725-5700X49 cell 267-934-1971
philcunningham2004@yahoo.com
Web Reference: http://www.GreatPaRE.com
There is crime in all areas. It's important to be safe no matter where you live. I would recommend speaking to some neighbors to see if there is a community feel where they look out for each other. Also having and alarm installed can improve safety.
Please call me at 215-327-8104 so we can discuss this further. I look forward to hearing from you.
Kathy Hanigan, Broker
My first question would be - why does she want to live on Edmond St? And is she buying or renting? I am a Mom and I understand your concerns. I would suggest that you both drive by the area, at different times of the day and night and then decide if it is a "bad area".
You can get a lot of information on the web about crime, income and education of the people who live in any area. Use those tools to help make your and her decision.
I hope this was helpful.

Sue Breault
Keller Williams Real Estate - Langhorne
215-204-9643
sbreault415@yahoo.com