Hope Moreno, Home Buyer in Araby Eight Com'l Es...

i have been renting this house befor it went to aution,it was sold with me in it now come to find out the person rented me the house wasnt the owner

Asked by Hope Moreno, Araby Eight Com'l Estates, Yuma, AZ Fri Jul 6, 2012

i found out all this when,the police should up at my door telling me i have to move i am a victim of a person that took all my money,i put alot of money into this house i paid people to help clean and restored tthis house now a realty is telling me the house is on conract its pending . i dont have a penny to my

Answers

3
Hope,

Stay in the house until they offer you "cash for keys". Or until they serve you a proper 30 day notice at the very least. The other agents gave you sound advise on the other part, as far as reporting the crime. You are surely not financially able to move, this will get you money to move or time to save some money. Either way you will be a little better off.

Anna
I feel for you. You are not the first person to fall prey to these unscrupulous individuals. You should have been served with an eviction notice and your door posted with such notice. Did this happen? If not, perhaps the individual who purchased the home at auction did not follow the proper procedure to get you out of the property. I would suggest that you contact the Bakersfield Police Department if you are in the city and inquire if there is anything they can do for you. If you are in the County, you need to contact the Kern County Sheriff's Department and report it to them. I would also suggest that you contact the Greater Bakersfield Legal Assistance at (661) 325-5943. They help people out who cannot afford to hire an attorney. The laws have changed on how much time a person who is being evicted has to vacate the home. The Greater Bakersfield Legal Assistance should be able to answer your questions in this regard. I hope you know the name, address and telephone number of the person who rented you this property. It is a crime to do what he did--but sadly, it is not uncommon. Wish I could be of more assistance. Dee Oliver - RE/MAG MAGIC
Hi Hope,

I'm sorry to hear what you're going through. It appears you have fallen for a common scam that has become very popular the last 3 1/2 years. I recommend that you contact the local Police Department to file a report right away. The more information you can give them about how you have been making rental payments and to whom those rental payments have been made to may go a long way into catching this individual that took advantage of you. Should the Police apprehend this individual sooner rather than later, you might be able to get your money back. Good luck Hope!

Matt
http://www.matthewbartlettrealestate.com