Miguel Alvar…, Other/Just Looking in 44055

hows the crime rate in,,interlochen? we're from ohio and looking in that area for a home,,mom is 73 and we

Asked by Miguel Alvarado, 44055 Wed Mar 26, 2008

worry about home invasions and crime? miguel

Answers

3
Best to call the local police or sheriff's department who can give you the statistics you are looking for.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 24, 2008
Miquel,

As a Real Estate Agent in Northern Michigan, I surely agree with Elizabeth in that Interlochen and the entire Traverse City area are both safe and excellent areas to live, raise kids and for the retired. Rarely do we here of reports of robberies or serious crime. And I've never heard of a home invasion happening "in these parts." In fact, I would tend to say that most people don't even lock their homes when they leave during the day or at night (I don't). If you have any other specifics questions, I'd be happy to help -231-570-1111. Thanks Mike
It has to be one of the safest areas in the state. My elderly grandmothers both live in nearby Traverse City, Michigan, the biggest city in that corner of the state, and it's as safe as could be. I wouldn't hesitate at all to move there myself or with elderly family, small children, etc. The towns and cities in northern lower Michigan and the upper peninsula are all quite small with little crime. I am from Alpena, almost directly across the state from Traverse City and on Lake Huron, and I have never been the victim of even the smallest crime.

For some perspective you can find Traverse City's crime rates on this site: http://www.city-data.com/city/Traverse-City-Michigan.html . Interlochen's are likely even lower given its size. I highly recommend the area.