Crime & Safety in 95127>Question Details

House Hunter, Home Buyer in San Jose, CA

how safe is the area near mckee and kirk?

Asked by House Hunter, San Jose, CA Mon Jul 21, 2008

I'm interested in a house in this neighborhood but want to be sure it's safe.

Answers

8
Take a look at - they have an interactive map that lets you look at recent crime reports.

It's difficult for real estate professionals to comment specifically about the safety or crime rate for neighborhoods because the comments might be construed as either making promises or guarantees about safety, or as improperly steering buyers towards or away from neighborhoods perceived as being mostly populated with one racial or national origin group, which is illegal.
Web Reference: http://www.crimereports.com
Hunters,
Our recommendation is to be in touch with the local police department or county sheriffs department. They will have access to the most current and up to date information and are generally willing to be helpful.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 25, 2008
As someone who both lives and practices Real Estate in the area, I would suggest keeping as fast east as possible. Of course, like any other answer on trulia, this is a personal opinion. As you travel west on mckee you'll begin to get into areas that have been hit hard by the housing slump. The number of foreclosures and short-sales are high. As we both know, when people are desperate, they tend to make bad decisions. I'm also very active on the Alum Rock Neighborhood Association. We meet every 4th Thursday of the month at the Alum Rock Library located at the corner of White Rd and Alum Rock.

Feel free to shoot me an email and I'll share what I know about a specific location.

Cheers,

Mario
http://www.marioforhomes.com
408-813-9353
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 25, 2008
There's a website that is available it is called city rating... that might be helpful for you

http://www.cityrating.com/crimestatistics.asp
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 22, 2008
Everyblock update San Jose CA and Spot Crime are two other sources as well - SJPD has a link for CADMINE? or something as well that shows the number of calls and types of crimes in that area by the address as well
Hi House Hunter, you should really check with the local San Jose police and sheriffs departments for this data. They will have the most accurate information. A realtor can't really give you a fully "legal" opinion on this issue for a variety of reasons related to real estate laws and professional liability.

If you could use a referral for a really great agent in your area, please contact me through the trulia form.
Greg provided an excellent answer. Prudent agents will not specifically comment because of the legal issues involved.

You can go to Sperling's Best Places & post your question there. It's a website that provides general information about an area & provides a forum for locals to comment on specific cities.
Hi House Hunter:

I will go with the advise of local Realtors from San Jose about specific condition / situation in the area you are interested in!

That's what you should do always!

Sylvia
Sylvia Barry,…, Real Estate Pro in Marin County, CA