Voices Member,  in

how safe is mt. prospect, illinois

Asked by Voices Member, Sat Sep 26, 2009

Answers

4
Hi Iamonewithhim, you should really check with the local police and sheriffs departments in Mt. Prospect for this data. They will have the most accurate information. A realtor can't really give you a fully "legal" opinion on this issue for a variety of reasons related to real estate laws and professional liability.
I lived in Mount Prospect most of my life and love it. My husband and I moved to Palatine recently, and we are just as pleased here as we were in Mount Prospect. Just to give you an idea, my husband's wallet dropped out of his pants accidently last Saturday night, and it sat on our drive way all night long. One of our neighbors that we didn't know rang our door bell at 830am Saturday morning, and handed it to me. That is how great the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago are. My experiences in Mount Propect are that all of your immediate neighbors look out for one another. Safe is what you are used to. I would recommend driving around/walking around at dusk in the neighborhood in the are where you are considering to live in. You can make your own feeling on the area. The other Realtors are correct with checking into the community websites.
The website for the village of Mount Prospect is: http://www.mountprospect.org; the location of the village offices is: 50 South Emerson Street, 60056.

Our real estate office is located in downtown Mount Prospect.

Mary Childers
RE/MAX Suburban
847.322.3885
Questions on neighborhood safety are best directed to the local police department or the county sheriff's department. They have access to the most current and accurate information and are generally very willing to be helpful.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 26, 2009