Crime & Safety in 32937>Question Details

Karen P, Home Buyer in California

how is the hurricane season in Indian Harbor Bch FL?

Asked by Karen P, California Sat Sep 13, 2008

I am looking at a property in Indan Harbor Beach Fl. as it is close to the water how is the hurricane season there. thanks Karen

Answers

4
Karen-

Indian Harbor Beach is beautiful! I wonderful place to live! However, hurricanes are a worry. IHB is located on a barrier island off the east coast of Florida. Although direct hits are few and far between, the warnings alone are sometimes scary. Typically if a strong storm is threating the area they will evacuate the barrier islands, including IHB. All that said, it is a very desirable place to live with great parks and great schools.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 16, 2008
Hurricanes are a concern, but we really do have a system where we have plenty of notice if there is one coming. I worry about all the people in the Midwest with Tornadoes. There is very little warning there. I agree with Lauren... great place to live in general.
Flag Mon Oct 27, 2014
Karen,

There is a reason the government located the shuttles here :) It isn't as scary as everyone makes it out to be. While there is always a threat of storms (everywhere in the U.S.) I feel blessed that we usually we get plenty of warning and are only a 3 hour drive from the other coast in the event a hurricane is a threat. It is something that we live with here, but no more than they live with the threat of tornados or snow storms anywhere else. Indian Harbor Bch is a great community and they have many homes that have withstood multiple hurricane seasons :)

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance in your relocation.

Jinger
Four Star Real Estate
321-288-1689
Greetings fellow Californian! I am from San Diego, CA, and moved to Indian Harbour Beach several years ago. I live right on the ocean and LOVE it! We have had a little wind and rain, but nothing significant. On average, one hurricane hits this particular area once every 50 years. It is VERY safe. Give me a call. You can check out the last storm information that I filmed here: http://palacepropertiesonline.com/somersetoceanfront.aspx It is at the bottom of the page.

About Us
Our mission is to provide the best service possible to our customers and clients and to be ever mindful of your needs. We achieve true success only by placing you first.
Palace Properties International is a member of the Chamber of Commerce, Melbourne Area Association of Realtors, Florida Association of Realtors, National Association of Realtors, World Properties, Home Builders and Contractors Association of Brevard (HBCA), Florida Home Builders Association (FHBA) as well as the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB).
Whether you want to invest in California, Virginia, the Carolinas, Florida or elsewhere, we look forward to working with and for you, your family and your friends regarding your and their real estate pursuits. We take advantage of our elite and prestigious professional real estate network of top producing, pre-qualified Realtors that specialize in their respective geographical areas.

Company history
With a rich and diverse international background, the staff at Palace Properties International speaks nine languages, has lived and traveled in over 20 countries and possess multiple advanced postgraduate academic university degrees. Kelly and Mark Palace own the firm along with several other thriving businesses in central Florida.

Local Area Information
Come visit one of America's best kept secrets and you will truly fall in love with our subtropical paradise!

Just 35 miles east of Orlando, Brevard County prides itself as the home of Kennedy Space Center, the only facility in the world that launches the Space Shuttle; Port Canaveral, the second-busiest cruise port in the world; 72 miles of beautiful Atlantic Ocean beaches; and the largest collection of endangered wildlife and plants in the continental United States. With its tropical weather, cultural activities, educational opportunities, active and passive recreation options, high-technology industries, and family-friendly atmosphere, the Space Coast offers an exceptional quality of life that residents and visitors enjoy year-round. Nearly 500,000 people call its 15 municipalities and unincorporated areas "home."

Tucked in among the other beach communities of Brevard County, Indian Harbour Beach sits on two square miles of land between the Atlantic to the east and the still waters of the Indian River Lagoon to the west. Beachfront parks are a great place for a picnic (most have running water to wash off the sand before you replace your flip-flops) and Gleason Park offers 27 acres surrounding a beautiful lake, with exercise trails, lit by Victorian lights in the early evening. Tennis is available on city courts and baseball and soccer fields are available at the city’s million-dollar sports complex.

Mark, you truly are the Somerset Oceanfront Specialist. I really appreciate the way you have worked with me as an owner of two units. I know listing with you is the right choice as you are well connected both in the local community and to the international buyers. Each time I talk to you, it seems you have my best interest in mind. Thank you!” S. Veal, MD 03/22/08
- Dr. Steven Veal, Medical Doctor and Real Estate Investor 3/23/08

I met Mark Palace at the Curves Vibrant Womens Conference and decided to have Palace Properties help me find a place to rent or buy. He had a place within an hour and I could see it that evening after work. Mark works hard for his clients and always kept in contact with me by e-mails and phone calls when I needed to talk to him. Never had to wait long for a call back. He is very professional, courteous and respectful. There are some realtors out there that should take lessons from Mark Palace, Palace Properties.
- Patricia Kane, BRPH Architects/Engineers, Inc 7/24/07

Mark Palace, CEO/Founder
Palace Properties International, Inc.
http://www.PalaceProperties.com
321.441.3512
321.704.9305
Karen,

If you are seeking information ona relatively hurricane safe location in Florida consider looking at the Sarasota/ Venice area. It has had a very low incidence of tropical storm activity for many years.

As a matter of fact, the local historians tell about Native Americans for thousands of years, summering in the Venice area because it was " protected by the Gods."(from summer storms) This idea seems to be holding true to present day.....check the records.

As Ripley said......."Believe it or not."