Crime & Safety in Rex>Question Details

Kantrise Joh…, Home Buyer in Rex, GA

how is the area as far as crimed?

Asked by Kantrise Johnson, Rex, GA Mon Apr 16, 2012

Answers

2
Not safe at all, I have lived here over 30 years, would move but due to crime and other econmic problems the market is in the toilet. There are sirens all day and night due to crime. My own home has been burglarized a minimum of 3 times in the past couple of years. As well as most of my neighbors. Many cars stolen out of the drive ways and garages, a good friend of mine was shot to death last year in a convenience store hold up 3 blocks from my home in Rex. I have had had many wrecks that end up in my yard due to drunk drivers as well as a lot of road rage and well as the speed demons on the road in a residential neighborhood. I would love to get out of here but although myhome is insured for almost $300,000. three all around me have sole from $19,000. to $35,000. In other words I can't sell it for even what I paid for it 30 years ago so I sit with the crime. I would look for a better area to spend my money as your home is an investment, sorry about sounding so glum.....but these are the facts. Per Clayton Co. Sheriffs dept. murder/violent crimes as well as vehicular and personal property are up and still on the rise. Just my opinion, but don't buy in a bad neighborhood just to get a good bargain, look in a better neighborhood even if it cost a little more. Thanks for reading and good luck to you!
There are several websites you can do a search of to find crime statics. Real estate agents are not allowed to give out such statistics since that could lead to steering, which is prohibited by law.

Rodney Mason, NMLS #151088
Sr Loan Officer
Prospect Mortgage
825 Juniper St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
Office: (404) 591-2453
rodney.mason@prospectmtg.com
Apply Online at http://www.rodneymason.com
Licensed in Alabama & Georgia

Prospect Mortgage offers a full selection of mortgage programs including:
Conventional | FHA | FHA 580-639 FICO | FHA 203K Renovation (Streamline & Consultant) | HomePath® | HomePath® Renovation | HomeStyle Renovation | VA | USDA | GA Dream | Jumbo Financing