Crime & Safety in 21136>Question Details

Dapo, Home Buyer in Reisterstown, MD

how is crime in reisterstown and especially chartley?is it a good place to race child.how is the neibgourhood?

Asked by Dapo, Reisterstown, MD Wed May 30, 2007

Answers

5
Bryan Foreman’s answer
Hi. We don't have those same restrictions that realtors do. Reisterstown/Chartley is a decent area - not too much to worry about. Of course each neighborhood is going to have it's own character. Feel free to call, email or stop by. My office is in Reisterstown.
Professional code of ethics will prevent a Realtor to answer your question(s) however we can provide you resources on where to search

1) Police website for crime
2) ISD - school rankings
3) Google search for published media articles for crime, community, schools

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 23, 2010
Maryland law does not allow Real Estate professionals to discuss what our opinion of a "good" neighborhood may be. The internet can also be a good starting point of research- however, not all sites may be credible, so use discretion. The best way is to call the local police department and get all the facts and statistics and they will answer your questions. From there it's really based on your personal comfort level. Remember, your life, your style, your home! If I can help you with any other questions please feel free to email me at jillian@stylehouserealty.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 23, 2010
My best answer is to call the local police and ask them about the crime rate. They are very happy to help. Another good way is to stop in the area you are looking at, and ask neighbors who are outside. They are normally happy to tell you the good and the bad. But do talk to more than one, as you would want to get more than one opinion. Maryland does not allow us to discuss neighborhoods as my opinion of a good neighborhood may be different than yours. Any other questions, that I may be able to answer, please feel free to email me at herbie@lnf.com. Thanks
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 18, 2010
Hello Dapo and Anyone Looking in This Area :)

I've been in and around Reisterstown for years.

I have a friend who lives on Chartley and has a teenage son. His son walks to just about anywhere and everywhere in the area to find things to do, like going to the library, store, etc.

My personal opinion of his home and neighbors homes is very good. Most of the homes are well kept and have beautiful flowers and landscaping with trees lining the road.

My advice to you would be to drive around the neighborhood and stop and talk to a few neighbors. If you need more info before visiting the area feel free to call local community organizations that would be able to share statistical and personal insight with you.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or help viewing local homes for sale.

If you are looking to sell your home and need expert advice on property values and market strategies, please call me at 443-935-8900.

Have a great day and home hunting experience!

Sky Haley
Licensed Realtor
Advance Realty, Inc.
8640 Ridgely's Choice Dr., Ste 201
Nottingham, MD 21236
443-935-8900 Direct
410-256-8700 Office
skyhaley@gmail.com