Gerry Figuer…, Home Buyer in Port Saint Lucie, FL

how good is port saint lucie , fl good to live?

Asked by Gerry Figueroa, Port Saint Lucie, FL Sat Dec 15, 2012

Answers

8
Scott Keiper’s answer
I agree the qustion depends on what your looking for. I have lived here for 23 years moving from Fort Lauderdale. The area has less crime and traffic but if your looking to stay out late and have clubs this might not be the area you are looking for. Our beaches and the river are some of the best along the coast as they have not been disturbed like other areas. I feel safe here and raised my daughters here. If you have kids there are magnet schools available that are good like Lincoln Park which is where my kids went. its a short ride to Jensen Beach and down town Fort Pierce which both have weekly events.
I agree with Allan Rosen. I've rented a home in Port St Lucie. They have a terrible school system, lack of jobs, the county is filled with red necks. This place is also home to Casey Anthony and few public criminals. Don't let these real estate company's sucker you into this area. Look into the Melbourne and Tequesta area
My husband and I just came back from PSL. A lot has changed, more stores and lots of infrastructure, but lack of INDUSTRIES. No high paying jobs are available if you are looking to re-locate. We lived in PSL in the late 90's and moved away because of lack of high paying jobs, still the same scenario 20 years later... Houses are ridiculously prices too for the value. Do your home work 1st.
Flag Tue Jun 16, 2015
Horrible boring place overloaded with he lowest lass rednecks I've ever seen. All the positive comments are fom realtwhores trying to sell you a house in this disgusting place
I meant lowest class rednecks. And, I live in PGA village, not in Texas
Flag Tue Jul 30, 2013
From a point of view from someone who isn't trying to rain on the realtors parade... It depends on if you have children or not. If you have kids.. don't come here. The school system, which I have to bite my tongue on most of things I say, is horrible. If you want your kids to learn the reason that the sky is blue because it reflects off the ocean, then by all means do it. Also, Port Saint Lucie is full of kids who are always getting in trouble. ALWAYS. Compared to some places it could be worse.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 28, 2012
Hi Gerry,

All communities have their positives and negatives. A lot will depend on what kind of lifestyle you are used to and expecting. Your best bet is to come to Port Saint Lucie and visit for a while and get a feeling for the area.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 15, 2012
Port Saint Lucie for the most part still has a small town feeling. You can't go to a store without running into a friend. The Beaches remain mostly non commercial which is so beautiful. It has grown alot in a little time but still has room to grow.
The question is subjective; A good place to live should be dictated/based on personal preferences, wants, needs, lifestyle, etc.; does the area suit all your needs....for any crime/safety concerns, contact the local police department with all your questions....
Hi, Gerry,
Port St Lucie is a GREAT place to live!
You can live in Port St Lucie and drive to Jensen Beach, Stuart, the Intracoastal and Beaches in 10 to 20 minutes. You can drive to Jupiter, Palm Beach and the airport at West Palm Beach in 40 to 50 minutes. You can enjoy drive to Vero Beach, Sebastian and the pleasures of the Treasure Coast in 30 minutes. Port St Lucie has great shopping and good real estate values right now.
see All listings at http://www.BUY-SELL-RENT-FLORIDA.com
Call Julie Rosenthal (561)827-6789 Your "go-to" Port St Lucie Realtor
E-mail: julier6789@gmail.com
Property Brokers International