Crime & Safety in Melbourne>Question Details

Mark, Home Buyer in Melbourne, FL

how does the crime in melbourne compare to crime in palm bay?

Asked by Mark, Melbourne, FL Mon Sep 30, 2013

Answers

4
Joan,

I'm wondering if the police departments would have that information available or if the person would have to file a freedom of information request and pay for the information after waiting for it to be researched? There are many different statistics that can go into "crime rates" and it may not be easily disseminated over the phone without research.
They can give a high or low answer. I have called them before. Of course if you want specific crimes, rape, burgary, etc. There would be more research to be done but for a general low to high rate they should give a range.
Flag Wed Oct 23, 2013
As I stated in an earlier post:

This is something that would best be answered by the police departments. It is my suggestion that you call both the Melbourne Police Department and the Palm Bay Police Department and ask them about the crime rate in the particular area you are contemplating moving to.

Joan Willis
Broker
Brevard's Best Realty, Inc
321-960-3577
Both communities are very large so your question is hard to answer. If you could be more specific about which area's you are considering it would be easier to give you statistics to look at.

This website might be helpful in your search. It's interactive.

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/fl/melbourne/crime/

If I can be of any assistance please give me a call.

Jinger
Four Star Real Estate
321-288-1689

Joan Willis
Broker
Brevard's Best Realty, Inc
321-960-3577