Darlene Stee…, Home Buyer in Trevose, PA

has anyone died in this house or on this property?

Asked by Darlene Steelman, Trevose, PA Mon Dec 9, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3085254822-4338-Grove-Ave-Fea…

1st of all, there is normally no disclosure with a Bank Owned house, and it's not required with an estate sale. The listing you're asking about seems to be bank owned, so disclosure law is irrelevant. Since it's a foreclosure, the listing agent won't know the sellers (normally).

But your question is valid and it's hugely important to some people.....so if you really want to know, here is how.

Go ask the neighbors. They'll most likely know the whole story, and will normally be forthcoming with information. Most of the time, we can't shut them up, lol.

Call the police department (Bensalem) and ask them. They'll also tell you which fire department (Engine) takes calls there. If it was a rescue, or natural cause death, they'll probably still have the info on it. But a foreclosure is tough,....it could be a year or 2 since vacancy.

I sold a house on that street and am still friends with the owner. Now I'm curious so I'll ask her, lol.
Email me if you want to know.

Keep in mind that people could have died in places we walk on everyday...
Frank and Darlene,
I don't know if there is any publicly accessed method of finding out if someone died in the property you are interested in. For one thing, people die in houses all the time, mostly of old age and illness, because it is better for them to die at home with family around and in familiar surroundings than it is for them to die in a hospital. Additionally, the sellers or the sellers agent do not have to disclose any of that to you. A recent Pa. Superior Court decision reaffirmed the ruling of a lower court that sellers did not have to disclose to a buyer that a murder/suicide occurred in the home. That case has gone to the Pa. Supreme Court, but the Pa. Association of Realtors does not think it will be overturned. That does not preclude you from asking the owners or the agent if someone died in the house. Also, you could always look up the property on the Internet and see if anything newsworthy comes up or even ask the neighbors about it..
Not sure and I do not think that this is something that needs to be disclosed. To be certain, ask a real Estate Attorney of the disclosure law. I am pretty certain that this does not need to be disclosed. I do not know any information on this particular property.