Crime & Safety in Meriden>Question Details

Gebsi, Other/Just Looking in Connecticut

folks say that its safer to live in meriden than new haven . is that true?

Asked by Gebsi, Connecticut Sat Nov 1, 2008

Answers

6
Cheryl is right, as realtors we cannot legally tell you that one area is safer than the next.

Here is a great link that will give you tons of information on the City of Meriden including crime statistics, demographics, real estate info and even a virtual tour of the city!
http://www.your21realtor.com/1_Meriden_Connecticut/page_2152…

If you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to give me a call at 203.887.4420 or visit my website at http://www.MeridenRealEstateExpert.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 18, 2009
In Meriden, I have a one-family, suitable for in-law or adult children quarters, 4-Bedroom (2 Master Bedrooms; 1 Master Suite with Sitting Room; Full Bath; Dressing Room, Huge Walk-in Closet plus; Slider Closet) Plus! Plus! 2 Additional bedrooms); Main Level includes HUGE Living Room, Kitchen and Family Room! 3 Baths!!! Bright and spacious 3 Season Room directly off kitchen w/Ceiling Fan!!! Finished Basement includes Game Room with Pool Table; Plus Separate Office: Plus Basement Workshop. Lower Level Laundry Room, Unbelieveable Closet and Storage Space, 2-Car Garage. 22,000 sq. ft. living space does not include lower level or basement space. .32 Acre, fenced-in back yard. This is located in Meriden, CT and suitable for in-law or adult children quarters, if one so desires. Temporarily By Owner $249,000, Early Bidding-War Alert!!!!
Meriden is more like a township and New Haven large like any cities! Meriden has turn over many streets with owner occupied in multi families area and that alone has help to create less disturbance and we have very good recreation activities for young folks keeping children busy and out of the streets! Affordable homes and condos as well as multis! For briefing, take the Atrium condos which I paid over $116,000 and now you could come in and purchase one for less than $80000 plus under new msanagement which makes renter think trwice! You can own cheaper than renting! Call me for your person showings...We have one rent to own as well! Our school system hsve had great reviews as well! Easy to get on and off to highways makes it all great plus our Hubbard Park gives relaxationj atmosphere! Our Mall is know to keep its business still going strong even if the economy drop They hve provided food and firework for July 4th!!!!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 2, 2010
Honestly it is safer. There are areas that you should not go near after dark like most other decent size towns. It really depends on where you go. Stay away from buying anything toward the center of town if you can help it.
I grew up in meriden. On the west side towards hubbard park. While it is safer then new haven (I would much rather walk down the street in meriden) I think the crime is increasing. We live in wallingford now and its much much safer and more family friendly. You don't see as much crime or riff raff.
There is more gunfire, on the streets, in New Haven, than there is in Meriden.