Unspecified, Renter in York, PA

do you recomend live here?

Asked by Unspecified, York, PA Tue Jun 11, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/rental/3106125272-2709-N-Jefferson-St-…

Answers

7
I currently work for the State of DE; however I am not able to afford a one bedroom apartment in DE. I find it ridiculous that rent rates are so incredibly high here. (Wilmington area) I dont qualify for the sliding scale which they use to allow people to live in nicer apartments for cheaper rent. I have to pay full price because Im single and don't have children? Im not going to apologize for that. Im trying to transfer out of the area because I would like to be able to have an apartment and still be able to afford food.
Hi Jennifer,

That would dependant on what you are looking for. South Delaware and Sussex County has the beach areas. The Dover area in the middle part of the state is probably the best area if you are looking for rural living however you are still within an hour drive of Wilmington to the north and the beaches to the south. The area from Smyrna to Middletown, Delaware is known as the area "South of the Canal". With the canal being the Chesapeake / Delaware Bay Canal connecting the two bays. This area is made up of charming towns. Middletown is the fasted growing area of the state with several new restaurants, hospital and movie theaters coming to town. The Wilmington area offers country living of the DuPont historic Chateau Country in northwest New Castle County, suburban living in North Wilmington, and a very active city life of downtown Wilmington. I would invite you to check out the following website to find the best schools that meet your needs or give me a call so I can provide you more insight.

http://profiles.doe.k12.de.us/SchoolProfiles/State/Student.aspx

Please give me a call to further answer any questions you may have about the area and if I can help you with any of your real estate needs.
what are the best areas to move with kids in Delaware we are relocating from SW FLA
I moved from to Delaware from Chambersburg, PA in 1997. The job market back then was much more robust than today. However, I have not found many other places I would rather live. Delaware offers a great selectionsof local shops, malls and restuarants. Aslo you within 1 hour and half of many of the New Jersey, Delaware and Maryland beaches. Baltimore and Philly are also within one hour drive and you can grab a train to DC and New York in Wilmington. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you want explore Delaware, I can help.
Yes, Delawares cost of living is low and no sales tax!
do you recommend this area to lived