Crime & Safety in Deland>Question Details

mike37gb, Home Buyer in Deland, FL

crime stats are high in deland,is that true? what about flooding in the zeigler dead river area/ how bad?

Asked by mike37gb, Deland, FL Mon Jun 11, 2012

Answers

4
sweetjayne’s answer
I've lived here 30 years and surprised to hear that. It possibly depends on the area and a report gets logged for every call, many which are minor. I don't believe serious crime is a problem here at all but more of a "look for trouble and you will find trouble" problem. Almost everyone knows each other here.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 18, 2013
You can see the police reports online daily if u sign up with your e mail..see for yourself

http://us.mg4.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.rand=446vnjf2ruqod#…
We recently bought a house near Stone st in Deland off of W Euclid ave. All the neighbors are nice and there are a lot of families with children around this area. We are able to walk the dog near the historic homes and we are very comfortable with our choice. I would recommend Deland. Hope this helps you.
Also you can check with the police station in the area that you are looking and see what results you get. My suggestion is also to go there for yourself.
Flag Fri Aug 31, 2012
Sorry Becky I just saw your reply and have been very busy with school and work. Well I am glad you saw what I had to say. I guess the best way to look at it is that you can not judge a book by it's cover. There are a lot of older homes in this area and for that reason I would say that you will see some look somewhat run down or may need maintenance. The best way to judge an area is to go there yourself. If you see or find houses that you like check out the area at different times of day and night. Take a short walk when you look at the house and see if the area feels comfortable to you. I would say that the area is stable as in it is not going up or coming down in nature. I base that on the fact that we have lived there for a year now and most of the homeowners around seem to have been there for quite some time. There seem to be many homes for sale or empty, after checking property records I believe this is due because of buying at the height of the market. Hope that helps
Flag Fri Aug 31, 2012
Wow! I am so glad I sow this. My husband and I were looking to buy a house in that same area and went looking. I wasnt so sure about the neighborhood. Some of the houses are WOW!! and some are not so wow!! Would you say this are on its way up or down?
Flag Thu Aug 23, 2012
Real estate agents and Realtors are responsible for letting a buyer know that it is THEY who need to do the due diligence we can supply you with the river info or the crime stat contact but since much is subject to interpetation it is best to hear it with your own ears and judge it as how it will relate or affect you.

Some cities have more crime than they report to insure tourists or habitation and that is just how it is.

You can e-mail me for how to find out this info.

relocateisapieceofcake@gmail.com