Crime & Safety in Newark>Question Details

holen4u, Home Buyer in San Jose, CA

crime and safety in newark

Asked by holen4u, San Jose, CA Mon Jan 13, 2014

wanted to know how safe is Newark CA zip 94560 in general and Newark blvd and mayhews landing road intersection in particular

Answers

5
I lived in Newark over 10 years and I felt Newark is safe, clean and friendly. Silliman Activity and Family Aquatic Center is a must place to visit for kids. Newark is excellent location for commuters, close to employment centers.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 6, 2014
Overall, Newark is a great city and has a very low crime rate. You can actually walk to the Police Station/City Hall from the intersection you've mentioned - it's only a couple of blocks away.
check out crimereports.com, but also talk to the police dept and also have a conversation with the neighbors of the home your considering. School scores is also correlated with less crime so check out the school API scores as well. If the kids are focused on doing their homework, it gives them less time for getting into trouble. .
Web Reference: http://www.sunilsethi.com
Hi :)

I have lived in Newark for more than 35 years and have raised my entire family here and never moved. I love this city. With that being said it does have crime just like any other city but overall it relatively quiet. I know the area between Newark blvd. and Mayhews Landing well. I believe you will have less crime there than the more secluded streets but you are also close to the junior high and you may see some kids breaking the law. I don't think you have much to worry about. Did you buy the rehabbed house over there? I looked at before it was done. I hope that it looks better now :). Hope this helps.
Hi holen4uIn,

Check out http://www.crimereports.com The site provides up to 6 mos. of activity.

Steve