Crime & Safety in 19130>Question Details

Pg, Other/Just Looking in 19130

area around cambridge and ridge?

Asked by Pg, 19130 Sun Jan 10, 2010

Answers

3
Cambridge & Ridge certainly has a ways to go in my opinion. However it is up and coming so it really depends on what your goals and expectations are in the next 5 to 10 years, as well as your personal preferences. Cambridge & Ridge is a great investment opportunity whether it be for a single family home that you plan to reside in, or if you are an investor looking to purchase an income property you may want to search around the Francisville area. If you have any questions or concerns or if you would like to view any listed properties in the area feel free to give me a call or text on my cell at 203-215-8400. Or email me at ddegennaro@cbpref.com.
Hi, PG.

To give you some more detailed information regarding safety in this Philadelphia neighborhood, please visit the website below (phillypolice.com). You can do a block-by-block comparison of different sections, neighborhoods, and even streets in our city. Select "About the Department" and then "Crime Maps & Stats."

If there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know.

Best of luck!

Tim

Timothy M. Garrity | Brown McKinney Real Estate Co.
Real Estate Professional & Consultant

tgarrity@brownmckinney.com Email| http://www.brownmckinney.com/tim Website
215-825-2250 x 1007 Office | 267-879-2716 Mobile | 267-519-5490 Fax
Web Reference: http://www.phillypolice.com
We'll assume you want to know about the value of properties and quality of life at Cambridge and Ridge Ave? The area is the furthest Northern boarder of The Art Museum Area which means it is at "the fringe" as we like to call it. Other Neighborhoods that are "fringe" neighborhoods are Old Kensington (19122) which is further East and Brewery Town (19121) which is just over Girard Avenue on the North side.

The area at Cambridge and Ridge is super close to Girard Ave which is heavily traveled by the Girard Avenue El traffic and other regular car traffic on Ridge. The location is is a development stage and "up and coming" as they say. Landmarks such as the area churches, the Girard Prison and Girard College give this area a Historic value as well.

There is a significant amount of restoration going on between Fairmount Ave and Girard, along Ridge Ave and further West. Many homes have been rehabbed and restored and there has been a sprouting of condo conversions throughout the area.

I (Stephanie) have lived at Corinthian and Girard and at 19th and Girard for a few years and I was quite fond of the area. It was easy access to center city and I easily found local jaunts to call my own including Life Sport Gym, numerous restaurants and grocery shops, North Star for live music, and so much more.