Crime & Safety in McKinley>Question Details

Hodge Family, Home Buyer in Minneapolis, MN

are people able to walk the streets and not get hurt?

Asked by Hodge Family, Minneapolis, MN Tue Dec 10, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3100974779-3642-Colfax-Ave-N-…

Answers

8
Yes, people successfully do that every day. Sometimes though, people get hurt. For all the latest statistics and info, you should consult the local police department for crime info.

Susan, (see below), has provided a link to some good information.
I have shown homes in this area numerous times with no problems. You can't judge a book by its cover! My theory is .... If you aren't perpetuating a crime, such as buying drugs or throwing up gang signs, you will be just fine. I have lived in the "hood" and never once even worried about my safety. Its all about making eye contact and minding your own business at the same time.

Take care.

Cody Anderson, MN Licensed Realtor
RE/MAX RESULTS

Metropolitan Home Team

Phone: 612-242-5752
YES. Good balance and walking in daylight helps you walk safely to avoid tripping and falling over objects in your way. Also, it's important to wear sturdy yet comfortable walking shoes. Avoid distractions, such as cell phone calls and texting. Under less than ideal circumstances, it is recommended that one does not walk and chew gum at the same time. I hope this helps.
Hi, Hodge Family!
I understand your concern, I really do. However, this falls under the heading of information we cannot address as agents. The Department of Commerce perceives us speaking about crime as us perhaps "steering" people toward or away from areas based on what we think is acceptable, rather than what the consumer thinks is acceptable.

That's why we must direct you to find the information about crime in certain areas yourself. This is one website, for example, for YOU to gauge whether or not the crime is more than you're comfortable with.

The house you inquire about is in precinct 4.

http://www.minneapolismn.gov/police/statistics/crime-statist…

Good luck~
Yes. It happens on every street, numerous times every day.
You should contact our local community representatives - city council representative, crime facts from the Northside Police precinct, and the legislators in the area to help answer I will forward the reports to your email. Actually, I own a rental property near there and have lived near by several times over the years. Liz, 612-986-4105
A car could hit you walking anywhere. This is an impossible question to answer. If you are referring to crime statistics for Minneapolis, visit http://www.minneapolismn.gov/police/statistics/
Depends upon what part of town you are in. Even in the worst parts of town, the odds are extremely low especially in the day