Crime & Safety in Chicago>Question Details

Tz9889, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

3053 W 53rd St. with a gangster sign on neighbor walls.

Asked by Tz9889, Chicago, IL Tue Apr 17, 2012

I'm interested in 3053 W 53rd St , but I saw some gangster sign on the neighbor walls and about 4 forclosure old houses next to it. Wonder if this area safe for my family since my mom and dad are getting old and I want them to be safe and quiet.

Answers

4
Go visit the area at different times of the day in order to get a better feel for the property. Also look to see what amenities that area has (transportation, shopping, etc)
Hi there! You can contact the police dept regarding crime statistics in this area!
old people love art and connecting with the young folks.. maybe go down there with your parents Friday night and have them walk around a bit- meet some of the neighbors and decide on your own..
Realtors can't speak to the safety of areas. I would recommend visiting the area at different times of day as well as over the weekend.

Trulia has a crime map:

http://www.trulia.com/crime/Chicago,IL/

Ivan Sagel
312-515-7823
IvanSagel@DwellOneRealty.com