gartzke, Other/Just Looking in Saint Louis, MO

Would this area be safe for female college students?

Asked by gartzke, Saint Louis, MO Mon Apr 29, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/homes/Missouri/Saint_Louis/sold/209744…

Answers

5
Only you would be able to answer this question and each persons perception of safety varies.
This link may prove be helpful with providing you with data to make an informed decision.
Legally, a realtor is not supposed to answer your question, we are supposed to direct you to the local police dept because they have the more, current, complete factual information - often whats on websites is either old info or gives an illusion of a problem because of one incident that might have been a crime of opportunity, rather than what is happening on a daily, monthly basis. That said, I will tell you that I have had clents who lived in this area who truly enjoyed the lifestyle and the closeness to the park. Please note that the old hospital grounds as recently been purchsed by the zoo and they will be renovating into research facilities, offices, parking, etc so that construction will be going on in the area in the future. Hope that helps
The best way to determine if the area provides the level of safety you would like is to call the police department for the area. They are your best source of information.

Debbie Dutton
Coldwell Banker Gundaker
314-398-4909
Smart REALTORS, like Pam will give you identical advice. I am a REALTOR and former St Louis City Police Officer and very familiar with the Dogtown area. Let me know if you need any help looking for a home in Saint Louis City or County. patriotrealtors@gmail.com
I am certain you will find a fair amount of college students living in this community. In regard to "safety" I would encourage you to contact the local police department for that community to get the stats on crime, etc to answer any questions related to safety. For any additional information feel free to contact me @ 314-267-3787.

Pam Schneider
Coldwell Banker Gundaker