Lucy Babb, Other/Just Looking in Rhome, TX

With schools, can I enrol my child in a school with higher rating even if it is not assigned to the home?

Asked by Lucy Babb, Rhome, TX Tue Jul 3, 2012

This question was asked from…

Help the community by answering this question:


Chris & Michelle Spalding’s answer
I would recommend you contact the school district. Here in Arizona you can get a variance to send your child to a school in another district but I cant talk specifically to CT. Good luck!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 3, 2012
Hi Lucy
Not across school district boundaries. Within the same school district you often can send your child to a different campus. The exception being if a campus is closed to due to already being at capacity. Each district sets there own policies in this regard and they change year to year. A couple of things off the top to prepare for, some disricts charge a fee to swap campuses so be aware, your agent should be able to get this information for you. Second you will need to arrange transportation to and from the school campus each day at your expense if you are not in the feeder pattern. I see that you are in the Northeast I hope the weather is cooler. If you have any other questions I am happy to help, please contact me directly, there is no obligation. Best of luck on your home search!

John Straub
Keller Williams
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 5, 2012
Experts for those questions is the ISD recommend to contact them on Thursday when their offices open.

Contact my office today where I can show you many amazing homes work with your family specifications.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer

Follow me on Facebook
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 4, 2012
Dear Lucy,

It is possible in some school districts to do exactly that, but not permitted by others. When are you planning to move from CT to FW? Give us a head's up, and we'll get you some information on available properties. First, we'll need to know where you will be working, or a landmark that you wish to be close to. And second, we'll need to know what price range you are qualified to purchase in. That will allow us to suggest neighborhoods that will fit your family's needs. I have been selling houses in this area for 32 years, and I know it well.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience and we'll go over the process and determine the level of support that you need.

Happy 4th of July!

Rick DeVoss

---ULTRA Real Estate Services


0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 3, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer