Crime & Safety in 92691>Question Details

Jimbo, Other/Just Looking in Sandpoint, ID

Why is there so much violent crime in such a small town, would like to retire there but not anymore?

Asked by Jimbo, Sandpoint, ID Tue Sep 14, 2010

Answers

7
Craig Druckrey’s answer
It only takes one crime to make someone not feel safe. One act of violence is one too many. I have been in Mission Viejo since 1973 and we have lower stats on crime but it does happen even here.
I have to echo the other agents here...Mission Viejo and the surrounding cities are wonderful and safe places to live. I've lived in a nearby city for more than 12 years and always felt safe here and happy that my children are growing up here as well.
Hi Jimbo,

I have to agree with other professionals that Mission Viejo is one of the safest cities no matter how you look at the statistics. I've lived in MV for over 30 years and raised my three children here. This is not a violent crime area. You would enjoy retiring here as there are two wonderful 55+ communities within the city (Palmia and Casta Del Sol) and the neighboring city of Laguna Woods, all of which are gated and were developed specifically for the needs of active and retiring adults.
Web Reference: http://www.YourOCHome.com
This is from a web site showing the precentages for crime.

Mission Viejo Violent Crime Rate per Capita:
Murder, Forcible Rape, Robbery Aggravated Assault ,

All Violent Crime Is 0.13 times the National Average

If some how you have the wrong zip code and would like to know about retirement in this area, please let me know. I live in one of 2 retirement communities in Mission Viejo. I will answer any questions you might have.
Hi Jimbo, this site seems to support what Valerie has stated below:
http://www.crimereports.com/map?search=Mission+Viejo%2C+ca

-Steve
Jimbo,

It is difficult to answer your question without some specific information. The zip code you are referring to is the City of Mission Viejo, California which ranks as one of the safest cities in the United States each year. I have live here just about all my life and would not live anywhere else. Safe communities, beaches, mountains, deserts, etc., all within driving distance of the O.C. Come and take a look.

Joe Homs
Realty Partners
949-625-4533
Web Reference: http://www.joehoms.com
I don't know what you are talking about. Mission Viejo has been the number 1 safest city in the USA 3 out of the last 5 years. I have lived here for over 40 years and we have very little crime here. zip code 92691 and 92692.
Valorie Stover