Crime & Safety in Prineville>Question Details

Judy Patters…, Home Buyer in Amarillo, TX

Why is the violent crime rate at 88% for Prineville? Is NW Jordan a safe neighborhood?

Asked by Judy Patterson, Amarillo, TX Sun Dec 26, 2010

Answers

4
I know this question is 1-1/2 years old, and the OP is probably long gone from this site, but it drives me crazy every time I see it because nobody got it right. The violent crime rate statistic in Prineville, if you look carefully at the graph, is 0.88, meaning ZERO POINT EIGHT EIGHT--less than ONE PERCENT of the population has been a victim of a violent crime of any sort. NOT 88%! Completely different interpretation when you look at the graph properly. Remember that the term "violent crime" means any crime committed where the perp either THREATENS or USES force against his victim, ranging from domestic violence complaints, simple assault, all the way up to homicide. They are all lumped together for the purpose of statistical reporting. Contacting the local authorities to get the most current stats and the breakdown of those numbers is highly recommended.
Determine if any area is safe best to confer with local Police Department website read those stat's.

Google search for area or zip code might locate published articles

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 26, 2010
When it comes to any safety/crime concerns and statistics, your best source of accurate and up to the minute information, is the local police department--why not call/visit and ask all your questions, hear all there is to hear firsthand.
Although I do not live in Prineville I can tell you that the crime rate is pretty low - not sure what an 88% is supposed to be in association with - Prineville is a very nice, friendly area. My best guess is that the stats you are pulling are not showing the true and actual crime rate for the area.
The OP did not correctly read the graph given on Trulia...the graph shows a 0.88 % violent crime rate statistic, which is less than one percent. It's very low here!
Flag Thu Jun 7, 2012