Linda Careat…, Home Buyer in Kissimmee, FL

Why homes so cheap in San Tan Valley? Is it a safe area?

Asked by Linda Careatti, Kissimmee, FL Fri Apr 6, 2012

Answers

13
I've been here since 2004. There wasn't much out here back then, but it has changed a lot. (You don't have to drive to the next town for a Walmart.) It's very safe, very peaceful. As worry most of Arizona, people tend to mind their own business, unless you all for help. Then a perfect stranger will give you the shirt off their backs. There are 2 real things that keep our housing low. 1, as many have said, there is often a commute to work, or a Waterpark, shopping mall, etc. 2, it's HOT. It's a dry heat, so you aren't all sticky, but it's oppressive. You must plan things around that. But with that also comes the monsoon. Late in summer, we have some of the most awe inspiring thunder storms, and when they roll in from the open desert, it carries the amazing fragrance, from the resin from the creosote bushes. So it really depends on what type of person you are. If you need bustling cities, this isn't a good place for you. If you enjoy sitting out with a friend having a tea, add the sunsets in a spectacular way, this just might be a place you'd enjoy.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 23, 2015
Hi Linda. I have lived in the San Tan Valley community for 7+years. We are a little ways from the city and therefor our prices reflex our location! I have not seen the crime rate stats,but we have a nice community with the normal amount of crime for the size. We have 80,000+ people and have just began to grow and thrive. We have crime, but we are for the most part a safe community. Call me if you have any other questions!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 6, 2012
In Phoenix Arizona, buyers who commute value the distance to traveling to work in the Phoenix area. The further you go out from Phoenix, the less expensive the home.
I am the San Tan Pro and have helped sell thousands of homes in the area and also manage. Please feel free to reach out 480-283-4425
Its because we have no commercial development and most roads are two lane. However I feel its a safe place to live as I have been out here for 10 years now.
Yes it is a very safe area. I thought this as well when initially looking around for areas to live and I am very happy with the area. I have a 16 year old son and his safety and influence were paramount in my decision on where to buy. I couldn't be more happy and most of all he is very happy. He is in a brand new High School (Poston Butte) and it is a A++ school. You wont be sorry about this area.
Your best bet is to go online and google the crime statistics for this area.
Flag Mon Feb 2, 2015
I am looking for a 3 bedroom house in San Tan Valley at a decent price.Is it safe there.Which areas are the good places to get a house??I am moving in Nov.and dont knoiw if i should get a house there or go to Surprise AZ which a distance away.I currently live in Gilbert but am looking for a new place to live,Thanks Norma
There are many homes in San Tan Valley at a very good price. My family and I live here and find it very nice and glad we decided to settle here. You do get more house and newer house for your money. Great deals are coming up all the time. I would be happy to show you around and/or send you some examples if you like. You may call me anytime at 480.620.7958 even if its just to chat about the area. Lots of new business's being built here and I see it as a highly sought after area in the very near future.
Flag Thu Nov 21, 2013
Hi Linda, my name is George Bostan, I am a real estate broker ,and I live in San Tan Valley for over 12 yrs. If you would like additional information ,please call me at 480-203-6399
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 29, 2012
I have friends who live there, it is a nice and safe place : )
It's like 115 degrees there 24 / 7 during the summer, but the winter is very pleasant 70-80 degrees. Spring and fall are somewhere inbetween.
its a very safe area. The market of San Tan Valley was built in the boom years so all the homes are rougly 8 years old and were just all upside down, our market bottomed out last summer. San Tan Valley is experiencing a strong sellers market and increasing prices.
Linda

SanTan Valley is a great area that is on the fringe of Phoenix. When we had the real estate bubble the fringes got hit the hardest and today are still offering great bargains. Mostly newer construction, single family homes, new hospital, most basic shopping etc. A little far from the major job pool that holds it back some with high priced gas, great for 2nd homes or retirement.

I personally live in Queen Creek with my family and feel very safe and comfortable.
Linda,
Hey, I have been to Kissimmee several years ago. I know they have gators there...huh!

San Tan Valley is about 45 miles South East of down town Phoenix. The land is much less expensive the farther you go away from the city. We actually have quite a bit of rural land that is farmed with cotton and alfalfa or horse properties. Instead of 15 Target Stores we have one....instead of 20 Walmart Centers we have 2. We are surrounded on three sides with mountains. Not only are housing prices lower...but rent is too. Let me know if I can answer any other questions. I have lived in the South East valley now 18 years.......there is a visual presence of the Pinal County Deputies here and the response time is quick. I, myself, feel it is a safe place to live.

Let me know if I can answer any more questions or send you information on homes that would meet your criteria. How many bedrooms, RV gate, pool, acerage, Square footage, parking or lot size, etc. I can have them sent directly to your email address.

My phone is 602 561 4227 and my email is sirvendor@aol.com gary