Crime & Safety in Davis>Question Details

Abel, Other/Just Looking in Daly City, CA

Which neighborhood in Davis, CA has the least crime rate?

Asked by Abel, Daly City, CA Fri Mar 8, 2013

I just got a job at UC Davis and am looking for a house. Prefer newer construction. Which neighborhoods in Davis have the least crime rate? What are the areas that should be avoided? I hope to find a safer neighborhood to raise a family. Thank you.

Answers

3
I have lived in Davis since 1968 and raised my family here. I've never felt unsafe in any area of town, and I never worried about my kids walking or biking to school. I don't worry about going to the market or downtown in the evening. I take reasonable precautions as you should no matter where you live. I'm sure if you call the Davis Police Department business line at (530) 747-5400 they may be able to point you in the direction of some statistics. I doubt you will find enough variation in the crime in the areas of Davis to make that a factor in your buying decision. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help your family find the right home. Knowing your concern about safety we can check the specific neighborhood you are most interested in to know what is going on there. Congratulations on your job at UCDavis. I graduated from UCD and stayed on here to raise my family. It's a great place to raise kids because of the good schools and many recreation opportunities.
The area around the university is older. You won't find new homes there. The areas really close to the university may have more students in rental homes than in some of the other areas. Nothing is far away from the university--about 4-5 miles from the university is as far as you can go without going out of town. Tell me what kind of home you would be looking for and what price range, then I can tell you where you would find a home like that. I'd love to give you a tour of the neighborhoods and discuss the amenities in each. Will you be in town anytime soon? Call me on my cell phone (530) 304-6176. I can teach you a lot about our town in about an hour and a half. I'm not sure why it took so long for me to see your message. I just got the notification today.
Flag Sun Mar 31, 2013
Could you give some info on areas with new houses that are safer and quieter than others? Thanks Carol!
Flag Sun Mar 24, 2013
Thanks for the information Carol. I wonder if there is an area near UCD that has relatively newer houses? Which neighborhoods are relatively safer (relatively--that's my focus). Thanks.
Flag Mon Mar 11, 2013
Hi Abel,

I went to UC Davis and felt very safe during my time there, with that said, check out the crime tabs to get the latest scoop: http://www.trulia.com/real_estate/Davis-California/community-info/

Hope this helps!

Ali, Community Manager
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 1, 2013
You may check the crime rates of any area you're interested in using the tool below.

https://www.crimereports.com/

If I can help you, just let me know. Thank you!

Danielle Sweet, ZipRealty, Inc.
Realtor(R), Licensed in CA, #01921756
dsweet@ziprealty.com
916.934.2120 | Fax: 877.625.2296