Crime & Safety in Brooklyn>Question Details

Trulia Brook…, Other/Just Looking in Brooklyn, NY

Which Brooklyn neighborhoods are the best (and safest) for families with young children to go trick-or-treating in?

Asked by Trulia Brooklyn, Brooklyn, NY Wed Oct 24, 2012

Answers

6
Wow, you just brought back some great memories! :-) When my children was little we loved to trick or treat in Park Slope! The crowd was great and practically every home participated! After 2-3 Blocks, pumpkins were filled and overflowing with goodies! :-) That became our trick or treat spot ever since! Its Fun! Great! And you can meet lots of great people or get great ideas if you want to have your home as a fun house for little trick or treat tiny tots up to 5th-6th graders! Truly an Awesome Experience!

We would start @Prospect Park West @ Union Street and walk down into 8th and 7th Avenues towards President St, Garffield Street and so on. . . just go and explore! :-)

There are also some great places thru out Brooklyn, Bed-Stuy, Flatbush, Prospect Heights, Crown Heights, just to name a few! It all depends on where you live! The list can go on and on. Just look for the blocks and neighborhoods with the most houses decorated for the holiday!

And remember, always check your children goodies before you all eat and enjoy them!

Have Lots of Fun!!!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 25, 2012
My neighborhood, Prospect Lefferts Gardens, has an annual Halloween Walk, with streets closed to traffic so kids (who must be accompanied by an adult) can trick or treat without worry of speeding cars, etc.. It starts at 5 PM on the 31st. See below for the route.
There are so many great neighborhoods to go trick or treating in Brooklyn, I think the best ones are the ones that have the most Halloween decorations. That usually equates to lots of kids and lots of alert parents keeping an eye on them to make sure they are safe. In my opinion anywhere in Brooklyn is good and some places are fantas-great. The most important thing, especially if you have kids 10 or younger is to be very careful when crossing the streets!

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
Email: MitchellSFeldman@aol.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 24, 2012
Hi Mitchell, my husband kevin and I have a store front on Franklin Avenue bet Park Pl & Sterling Pl available for rent. We're looking for a great broker to lease our unit. Kevin:347.435.0076
Flag Wed Dec 12, 2012
I Believe in bedstuy - i think it is here alrerady and working its way to be the next clinton hill .
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 24, 2012
Definitely Park Slope
http://brooklyn.mamasnetwork.com/headline/halloween-brooklyn…
It's just so much fun to watch them too
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 24, 2012
Best is subjective....for safety concerns the local police department should be contacted....
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 24, 2012