Crime & Safety in Longmont>Question Details

Smsarts, Home Buyer in Longmont, CO

Where was the crime near 917 Champion Cir, Longmont? Was it night or daytime?

Asked by Smsarts, Longmont, CO Mon Jul 30, 2012

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3011691212-917-Champion-Cir-L…

Answers

4
Turns out that your question is somewhat timely.

Major reported crimes in Longmont continued a downward trend, according to the local newspaper, the Longmont Times-Call. The CBI released its annual Crime in Colorado report this past month and the report found its way into the newspaper today.

Statewide, violent crime was down.

In Longmont, there was one crime that qualified as a homicide for the years 2010 and 2011.

Crime was down in the city of Boulder and incidents increased marginally in areas covered by the county (sheriff).

Crime dropped for Lafayette.

Louisville, however, had a slight increase.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 11, 2012
I like April's suggestion to Google street addresses. It's good practice when researching real estate.

Readers of this Q&A are always welcome to ask questions and Boulder County agents as well as others who monitor this forum are too happy to respond.

With regard to real estate, I don't believe a single incident is very helpful in influencing value.

At any rate, Champion Greens has an excellent reputation. It might be helpful for your to Google "low crime rate" and the city of Longmont.

Suz
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 5, 2012

The Longmont Police Department's contact information is:

225 Kimbark Street Longmont, CO 80501
(303) 651-8555

Please give them a call. They may require you go down to the office to ask for a release of records - if that particular crime record is open to the public. There may also be a fee for the copies. I would recommend to anyone interested in buying a property to first ask the police department for their feedback on the area. Also it is interesting to google search any address, and also google search the current owners name (that you can find on public records) to get as much information as you can.

Hope this helps! Have a great week.

April Neuhaus
Thanks so much for your help. I found the information that I needed and feel I can now go forward with the sale.
Flag Tue Jul 31, 2012
You should probably ask the local police department there in Longmont for that information. Even if a Realtor had that information, it's in our listing agreement that we are not allowed to disclose anything that could psychologically stigmatize the property, so you probably won't get any answers here.

Additionally, I would think that you would prefer to ask the people in the know, not someone you don't know, who happens to be online.

Best of luck to you!