Crime & Safety in Phoenix>Question Details

Buyer, Home Buyer in Canada, KY

Where is the safest area in Phoenix for a snowbird to buy? The home will be vcant a good part of the time.

Asked by Buyer, Canada, KY Fri Jan 11, 2008

What is Tapatio like?

Answers

8
I agree with some of the suggestions on here that Fountain Hills and Scottsdale are good/safe places for a second home. I bought my second home just on the cusp of Scottsdale and Fountain Hills, and love the area. I bought a lock and leave in a gated community, but without a security guard. I found the HOA fees in a guarded community too high. Instead, I hire someone to go into my property once a month to check up on it. Not only does that provide me security, but they check up on plumbing, any problems with bugs, etc. And they open and shut down my house for me. Gives me a lot more for my money than paying a super high HOA fee. I use Second to None Home Concierge, and have found them to be reliable.
A wonderful community for snowbirds is Fountain Hills. It is beautiful, has a lot of small town charm and many snowbirds select it for their winter get-away!
I lived in the Scottsdale Grayhawk area which is really safe. I still have the condo in the Vintage@Grayhawk subdivision which is a gated community. Most of the residents there used the condos as second (or possibly third) homes, so for most of the year, I was one of the few people around.
There are HOA members that live in the development and are constantly keeping an eye on the area as well as the Grayhawk security which would make rounds daily.
This area is great because it's literally minutes from the major highway and the North Scottsdale amenities including shopping, restaurants, spas and more. I currently live in North Phoenix by the Anthem area mentioned in other posts, and we always revert back to North Scottsdale when we go out. I miss the location but I needed the space of a house due to our growing family, but the condo I lived in is perfect for two people with enough space to not be stepping all over each other.
I am including a link to a condo I'm selling that is in the Vintage subdivision. If you do check out the area, please contact me and I will arrange a showing if you're interested in that type of property. I can be reached at 623.217.2376.
Chris.
There are many such communities here in the Phoenix area. Three of which I highly recommend are Sun City Grand, Trilogy at Vistancia, and Anthem Country Club. My parents live in Sun City Grand. It is a very safe community and has many snowbirds such as yourself. Both Trilogy at Vistancia and Anthem Country Club are gated communites and are very safe as well.

Please call me at (602) 334-3757 if you have any further questions.
Thank you for your question. Safety is a transitory problem. Some areas considered "safe" a few years ago may not be so today... this is true in any city in the world. That said, you may want to visit the crime stats area of the Phoenix Police Department...phoenix.gov/APPINTRO/crimesta.html. You can use this system to look at various areas of Phoenix and view the crime statistics.

Our advise to most out of state home owners is to buy in either a gated community or a condominium project that was designed for lock and leave living.

You asked about Tapatio. Just happens to be where my brother and Urban Team partner lives. There are a number of opportunities in the Tapatio area. Some of the homes are true condos in a gated community, others are patio and traditional single family homes. Based on what you have said thus far, the gated condo style homes may provide the security you are looking for.

There are a number of other communities that may suit you. We have a questionnaire we like to use with people that helps target the best community for your lifestyle and needs, just contact Ron.
Web Reference: http://www.urbanteamaz.com
Are you still searching the Valley of the Sun? Trilogy at Vistancia is beautiful & serene. It's a 55+ Active community with a drop dead gorgeous Clubhouse with too many ammenities to mention here. You can reach me for further info .
I like the East Valley and Gold Canyon! That is such a quiet area and near the beautiful Superstitions. Scottsdale is an awfully hard area to beat. Also I like Chandler. You might want to check out Sedona and Tucson too! Man I miss that Sun! Stuck here is soggy Oregon. Summer here and Winter there! That's a winning combo!

Best wishes;

Dirk Knudsen
"The Real Estate Doctor"
Web Reference: http://www.nwhomecenter.com
Why don't you look in investing in the Sacramento region? Home prices have dropped significantly, & these zipcodes are only 10 minutes from Sacramento downtown & the international airport!
Web Reference: http://www.usahousebuy.com