Shenandoah202, Home Buyer in New York, NY

Where is the best place to buy a Condo/Coop in the Bronx area?

Asked by Shenandoah202, New York, NY Sun Feb 14, 2010

I am considering buying a Coop/Condo in the Bronx. What are the best areas to buy?

Answers

3
Deare Shenandoah,

The best area all depends on what your needs are in terms of price, maintainence, access to public transportation, schools and shopping.

You have places such as Parkchester and Pelham Gardens (Pelham Parkway) that offers a potential home buyer the option to own a condo / coop for an affordable price but there is a lack of parking (if that is important to you) but there are also great apartments in Riverdale and Coop City as well as City Island but again when you begin your search you have to put your particular situation in context to what these various building and areas have to offer you.

I live and work in Parkchester and my main complaint is the parking but I love the area because of the access to public transportation and walking distance to many areas of shopping. If you concern is Crime and Safety I would urge you to speak to the local precint in the area that you are interested in. Many of the Crime Statistics is also available on NYPD's website.

Please do not hesitate to contact me, should you have any additional questions. Good luck on your home search.

Nirmala Caraballo
Real Estate Agent
1408 White Plains Road
Bronx, NY 10462
Cruse Realty
Tel.: 646-479-7873
E-mail: nhcaraballo@yahoo.com
Hi Shenandoah202,

It really depends on what your price range, what your criteria is and what you are qualified to buy. If you are considering Parkchester, you have many options to choose from.

Robin Lynch
Keller Williams Realty Group
914-315-6182
Hi,shenandoah,the best place to buy a condo/coop in the bronx area depends on your own desires and
interest of the neighborhood and community.the best place is the place you feel more comfortable and
secure.IT ALL DEPENDS ON YOUR NEEDS AND WANTS.SOME PEOPLE ARE LOOKING FOR TRANSPORTATION AND ACCESSMENT FOR SHOPPING ARES,AS WELL AS HOSPITALS AND SCHOOLS,
YOU can browse to different websites and find information on a particular neighborhood you are interest or
you can give me a call at 646-886-6229,JOSE REYES,EXIT REALTY SEARCH.