Crime & Safety in 39211>Question Details

Samber, Home Buyer in 39211

Whats the crime rate like in N.E. Jackson MS. I hear alot of people are leaving the area due to crime/water/sewage problems. Whats the truth folks?

Asked by Samber, 39211 Wed Jun 29, 2011

Answers

3
From a person who used to live in North Jackson and around the NE Jackson location, it seems sadly, the thieves and criminals move too. What was once a thriving promising area, has turned badly. If you can afford to reside in the more expensive enclaves of North and NE Jackson, you MAY be okay, but I find way south of Jackson, like Byram, Terry, the back end of McCluer Road are very nice. North Jackson along with Ridgeland and Madison have become too congested for me. You can hardly go anywhere without having to deal with a traffic jam. So goes the crime as well. It's only a matter of time.
Milsaps is not in a bad area and the surround Belhaven neighborhood is beautiful. Also she would prob love the downtown area.
Flag Sun May 18, 2014
My daughter is thinking about attending Millsaps! Is this a bad idea, I have heard the campus is safe.
Flag Mon Jan 21, 2013
City-Data.com will give you tons of information on cities. Neighbors are also a great source for information. Also I advise my clients to call/visit the local police department and ask how many calls they have received for a particular area. http://www.city-data.com/city/Jackson-Mississippi.html.

-Arthur
When it comes to any crime concerns, your best source of accurate and up to the minute information are the local authorities, consider a visit/call, ask all your questions and hear all there is to hear firsthand...