Crime & Safety in Medford>Question Details

tabbi.marie87, Renter in Medford, OR

What part of town is safer for families and single women?

Asked by tabbi.marie87, Medford, OR Fri May 25, 2012

I'm wanting to move to this area from Iowa. I have 2 kids and am a RN so I'd like something close to work and school if possible

Answers

4
VM’s answer
If you need help finding a home in the Medford area, I would be more than happy to help you. The best site for information on crime statistics in Medford is CrimeMapping.com, here is the link:
http://www.crimemapping.com/map/or/medford

Feel free to contact me with any other questions you may have,

Katie Shoemaker
Broker with Keller Williams Southern Oregon
(541) 499-4176
katieshoemaker@kw.com
One of the best ways to find out what areas is safe for you is to stop into the local police station. Ask them pointed questions like " would you want your family to live here?"
Hi Tabbi, the best place to live in Medford is the east side, but not close to business. I mean just blocks from town has a higher crime rate.
Try Portland maps, it's a site that you can check out what as happened around it when you think you found something you like. Agents are not allowed to give this information out, so an area is not put in a blite location. Portland maps is facts put in by local police and other departments and these are open to the public.

HLR

It's http://www.Portlandmaps.com/

You can put in address or an neighborhood name a find out a lot about the property and area.
Thanks, although I'm planning to live in the Medford area. Good info to have if I ever move to Portland.
Flag Fri May 25, 2012