Lisa Mcintyre, Both Buyer and Seller in 08060

What neighborhoods close to Charleston AFB are low in crime and have good schools? We are possibly moving from NJ and I can only go by online

Asked by Lisa Mcintyre, 08060 Sun Apr 18, 2010

statistics..would like to know if they are good to go by. We have a 2year old son and another on the way. My husband is Air Force so would like to be close to base if possible but also want 3/4 acre or more and would prefer to stay away from newer developments.

Answers

3
Lisa call me and I will help you find a great home 843-647-0745
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 15, 2010
Do visit the area(s) of interest before your move-- Visit a neighborhood several times and at different times of day to get a sense of belonging. Check out area statistics; real estate professionals are prohibited from “steering”—enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods; so, you should check out demographics on your own to assure your comfort level can be reached. As for crime concerns--your best source of information is the local police department, call/visit and ask all your questions.
Lisa, the best thing to do in these cases is use the online resources as best you can, consult with a local agent that can direct you to the appropriate websites to get the information and perhaps even visit a local police station to ask them about crime and safety in the area. No agent due to fair housing laws is going to be able to give you any other information than this. Here in Arizona we have a Buyer advisory guide that gives buyers all the websites they could ever want to visit to get this and other information...I don't know for sure, but I am guessing agents in North Charleston will have similar documentation to provide.
Good luck in your search