Crime & Safety in White Lake>Question Details

Lisa Thomas, Other/Just Looking in Atlanta, GA

What is the white lake michigan area like?

Asked by Lisa Thomas, Atlanta, GA Sat Aug 4, 2007

Answers

7
White Lake Michigan is located in the center of Oakland County and is a mix of older and new homes and has very little industry and some really good recreation areas. It may not have much industry within it's borders but it is in a very central location to the entire Metro Detroit area.

You can look up specific demographic information at http://www.MInextHome.com just click on the "Community Info" button on the left side of the window and then enter "White Lake" in the City field and you will see detailed information on White Lake.
Web Reference: http://www.MInextHome.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 5, 2007
I would like to know how the whitelaker has live in the area. There are a lot of events in the white lake area. There is the wake on the lake (boat races on pontiac lake) isn't that in White lake? Milford has a street fair every summer, with entertainement. Highland twp. has fire works every 4th of July, Highland twp has just this year started an annual street fair. Highland twp. has an equestrian conservancy which hold events every year. White lake has a boat parade every summer, and if you look in the spinal Column newspaper I'm sure you would find many more events. Yes, most of these events are in surronding areas but the surrounding areas are only a couple of miles away from White Lake. As far as the looks of the buildings in the area, this area has changed a lot in the last 3 years. Most of the old buildings have been torn down and rebuilt. I have lived in the area for 6 years and I have never felt more safe and part of a community. I love seeing the kids walking down the street freely with their fishing poles. The schools are great, the teachers really care about education. Over all I think it's agreat place to live.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 26, 2009
Hi Lisa, like any area out there , there are good points and bad points. Living in the oakland area all my life I can personally tell you it is a great area to work and play. Ask yourself one simple question, can I spend my life here? I see you live in Atlanta, people here may seem rude at first but give them a chance and I truly think you will enjoy all White Lake and the surrounding areas can provide you with, swimming, skiing, sledding, you name it , it can be found here. I do hope this has helped you in making your decision.
Thank You
Mark Knapp
I too am a resident of White Lake. I have mixed feelings about W.L. As mentioned, we have the lakes. Overall, nice area. I don't really know of much crime. I have 3 kids under 13 and I feel comfortable here. We have never had a police emergency, but have called for non emergency and issues were taken care of. Fire emergency (had one on a lake) was prompt and effective. We are really happy with the schools.
On the downside..... the township doesn't care about the tax paying residents. They are interested in building shopping areas. They don't make property management firms maintain as promised. Only property visable to the customers is maintained. There aren't any community activities or events. We have to go to surrounding communities for such events. I take that back, there is one small event at Fisk Farm once a year.
A beautiful community with state and metro parks galore. New Shopping area to accomandate your needs, close to entertainment venues Palace, DTE Energy Center, Strong Schools System. An aboundance of all sports lakes. If you have any questions you can email nautique196ltd@gmail.com. Have been a life long resident.
Lisa, I'm also a White Lake Twp resident. The area is full of lakes, many with public access. To view most homes for sale, go to the website below. Homes are sorted by price and are only in White Lake. In the home search map feature there is a tab for demographics. No real estate professional will answer your questions about crime fully because of the liability involved. All will send you to a third party site.
Hi Lisa, I live in White Lake, MI. I enjoy all of the parks and lakes in the area. If you have any specific questions, you may email or call me and I will give you what you need. Other wise you can get alot of information from this website. http://www.whitelaketwp.com/
Geoff Leach 248-701-5947