Crime & Safety in Model City>Question Details

acaprotta96, Renter in Miami, FL

What is the safest place to live in Miami or around Miami?

Asked by acaprotta96, Miami, FL Thu Jun 7, 2012

I need to move to that region, please, help me to find out the right place.

Answers

16

Statistics about the city can be found at http://www.miamidade.gov.

If you can provide me with more information about your housing needs, I will be happy to assist you in the neighborhood that falls within your requirements.

I can be reached at 305-793-8476

Elsa
Hi there!

Check out all of the crimes in Miami using Trulia's Crime Maps:
http://www.trulia.com/crime/, you can see what types of crimes happen where (ie a violent crime is much different than a speeding ticket).

I hope this helps!

Ali, Community Manager
Thanks for the opportunity acaprotta ! The concept of what Safe Neighborhood is very subjective, and will depend on the criteria of each individual. I suggest you make use of the available data, such as Local Neighoborhood Police Precints' Crime Reports, Internet based information on Municipality's statistics, an old drive by the targeted neighborhood on a weekday at 7 PM, and on a Weekend day, among others, to make your own judgment.
I am a Broker, working as a Broker Associate for a national company in Miami, with more than 10 years experience in the business, besides speaking Spanish and Portuguese. I would be delighted with the opportunity to help you find a fine house for you and your family.
Please contact me at:

Leonardo da Motta (Leo),
Broker Associate
First Service Realty/ Real Living
Doral, Florida
Cell : (305) 205- 8912
Fax.- (305) 471-0885
Email : LeoMiamiRealtor@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 19, 2013
It is a well known facts that actual crime rates are much higher than reported in tourists destinations in order not to scare away travelers. Depending on the price point or the required amenities there are significant number of gated communities with 24 hrs access security which will require ID to enter into.

Will be happy to provide with a list of these types of communities if you can provide me with some basic information as to your needs

Kind regards

Santiago
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 25, 2012
Miami beach, Coconut Grove, Sunny Isles, Hollywood, Boca Raton, Brickell, Coral Gables, Aventura, Kendal,..and a few more are very safe areas.
If you would have an idea wether you would prefer to live in north Miami, South Miami or east and west, I could narrow your search further and send you listings for you look at.

Sophie Bamps
Real Estate Agent
Engel & Voelkers/Miami
1200 Brickell Avenue
Suite# 1500
Miami, FL 33131
E-mail: sophie.bamps@engelvoelkers.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 11, 2012
Most of Miami is safe. Miami is a big Metropolis and like any other big city will have a bad neighborhood. Most people that live in Miami never encounter any issues as long as you play common sense on safety. The question is what type of property are you looking to buy? Are you looking for an area with good schools?
Feel free to contact me for assistance in your search,
Marco Torres,
Miami Premier Realty
mtorresrealtro@aol.com
(305)903-3123
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 8, 2012
Hello Acaprotta96!

Through the years of experience in selling properties in Miami and its vicinities, I have come to the conclusion that the Pinecrest area is the safest. In fact, my family and I have chosen to reside here and have been living in this wonderful place for many years. If you are interested in viewing some properties or becoming more informed regarding this area, please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime at (305)-233-4300 or you can visit my user-friendly website at www. fernandezhomes.net.

Have a wondeful day!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 7, 2012
I agree with Juan, Pinecrest is the safest area. I have two relatives that live in the area and are more than happy with the safety and the crime watch team they have. Good Luck!
Flag Thu Jun 7, 2012
Everybody will have their different opinions and options. It is also well known that many crimes go unreported and never make it in to the official statistics, hence any of the answers provided are subjective at best. The question is also not focusing on the key needs that you as a buyer may have. In other words. What is your lifestyle like? What do you enjoy doing? Are you a pedestrian that enjoys walking to buy the groceries? or you enjoy the isolation of a gated community? There are several answers based on a series of properly formulated questions.

I will gladly provide you with guidance:

SAVI
1111 Lincoln Rd 4th Floor
Miami Beach, FL, 33139
Tel: 305.812.7205
santiago@savigroup.com
HI Acaprotta,

Spot Crime is a good place to look as well as your local sherrifs site. As Realtors, we can not tell you what is safe and what is not safe, it not our place to do so; however you can always call the local police/sherrifs office and ask and they will be more than happy to share the information with you.

when you get closer, you can give me a shout. I work with a couple of landlords that work exclusivly in section 8 housing and we can probably find you something.
Have you considered Pompano Beach? It is about 35 minutes from Miami. I have a fully renovated mobile home for sale in a wonderful 55+ community.

You may view photos at

http://www.trulia.com/property/3086618465-4907-NW-1st-Way-Po…

I am sure you will like it.

James
Looking to buy or rent? Looking Location or better property prices. This is our job.
Hi, You can visit http://www.Homefair.com and http://www.spotcrime.com for in-depth crime stats and area demographics. This way you can formulate your own opinion. Real Estate license laws prevent us from talking about crime and safety.

Chris
from Kurt Zoeller - broker with Beachfront realty - offices in Aventure, Miami Beach and Pembroke Pines.
The answer is definitely South Broward county - easy commuting to Miami. Safer, better schools, newer shopping etc. Hollywood, Davie, Cooper City, Pembroke Pines are excellent
If you would e-mail me at zoezkz@aol.com and let me know your total criteria - i.e. type of housing, size, special amenities, price range, etc. I will forward to you brochures of properties fitting your criteria.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Hi, I am a Real Estate Agent in Miami. If you are interested you may e-mail me to vstoupak@remax.net. Thank you
I agree with my colleagues about checking out miamidade.gov for crime stats around Miami, but if you want some humor, here's an article I wrote about Miami's Safety:
http://www.miamism.com/miami-safe-or-unsafe/

Cheers!
ines
Aca,

There's a lot more to deciding where to live than crime statistics. You need to consider commuting time, the availability of local services, etc. Give me a call, and I would be happy to discuss some possibilities with you.

Ann
I don't think so. We don't care if 5min from work if unsafe area...would rather commute 45min and not worry about poor schools, burglaries etc. Thanks Ann, but my husband and I decided best place in Miami is not to be there.

Signed,

Staying in TX
Flag Mon Apr 29, 2013