Crime & Safety in Kennesaw>Question Details

Renee L., Home Buyer in Kennesaw, GA

What is the price range for a four bedroom single family home in the Kennesaw area? Prefer new or no older than three year old home.

Asked by Renee L., Kennesaw, GA Tue Jan 7, 2014

I am interested in a home,(prefer an open floor plan), that has four (4) bedrooms, 3 or 4 bathrooms, a two-car garage, a basement (finished, preferably), large kitchen, wrap-around porch, fenced property. Is it possible to find these preferences in the Kennesaw area in the price range of 1$50,000-$165,000? I am not interested in a townhome.

Answers

8
Hi Renee,
As with all cities, there are a variety of homes available. There are certainly homes in Kennesaw in your price range. We would be happy to help you find them. Contact us
Although this question has been posted for quite some time. It's a great question many buyers have. The price range for a home varies depending on the buyers needs. There is no specific price range it's based on consumer affordability.

When searching the MLS today 08/08/2014, I have only found 13 detached homes in Kennesaw under $165K that are four bedrooms. This may sound limiting but when someone has a challenge like this in order to increase your availability of properties, you can include neighboring areas such as Acworth.

The truth is the requirements that you have for your property,will limit the availability of homes. In Cobb county alone there are only 106 homes under $165K today obviously this changes daily. When you place requirements such as number of bedrooms, age of the homes, unknown factors such as the homes layout, and especially price, the numbers start to dwindle. This is why it is increasingly important to work with an agent who can help you find the right property to call home.

I generally sit down with my customers to complete a consultation, so that I understand their specific needs. Then I show them whats available as we add criteria. Be sure to work with an agent willing to explain to you exactly what you need to feel comfortable and confident with your decision.

Best wishes,

Chastity Harris
Keller Williams Atlanta Partners
770-648-3550
There are many good neighborhoods in Kennesaw in that price range. It just depends on the inventory at the time how many are on the market. A good Realtor can help you nail that down and help you connect to a good lender for financing. Contact us if you still need help. 404-247-4940.
Hi Renee! Yes there are homes in Kennesaw within this price range with your preferences; however they go very quickly at that price point range in particular because you like what the new homes in the $250-$400,000 range have too!! The wrap around porch may be something we can look for as listings come up in FMLS. That request may not be quite as common in this price range.

What is your time line to be able to move from Delaware? Interestingly enough, I am working with a family moving here from Delaware as well and their children have been unable to go to school they said for the last 16 out of 18 days the school could be open. It is 12 degrees here. Feel free to call my cell phone at 678-640-4758 I would love to find you your home at this price range. Diane
There are two MLS systems in Atlanta but if you use the search for homes function on my website it searches BOTH mls systems so you will see all available homes.

The web reference link will take you directly to the home search.
http://www.agentbobsells.com/Search_For_Homes/page_2113474.html

There is no cost or obligation and no registration is required. However if you do save your search with your email address you will ​get ​automatic email updates when new matching homes are listed. You also get the address and map.

As a buyers agent I represent YOU! ​
I do not represent any particular home.

My job is to help you find the home that is right for you. ​
There is no cost to you for my buyers agency services so contact me anytime and let me know how I can help!
​ ​
Hi Renee - I work and live in Kennesaw so I know the area very well. I also work with RE/MAX - the largest selling broker in the area. It will be difficult to find all of these options in that price range. I just did a search and found only 3 properties that were 4bdr/3 ba and all were much older than 3 years old in that price point. It would be easier to find a 4 bdr/2 ba with a basement or a 3 bdr/2 ba that has the potential for adding another bedroom/bath in the basement. Finding something newer or under 5 years old is unlikely. To find newer you likely have to go $170,000 and higher. If you are relocating to the area I can help you do a more extensive search if I knew more about your employment or school needs as well. Feel free to contact me directly thru my website http://www.CherylBonno.com or on my cell number 678-313-4793. Best wishes!
Hello Renee,
Yes, you can find what you are looking for within your price range. I can create a search for you with your criteria & we can look at a few of your favorites. I would like to assist you to finding your new home =)
Cheryl Bagby
Solid Source Realty
770-546-7910
Hi Renee,

Please email or call me discuss your buying needs. I'd be happy to send you some available properties to view.

Adrea Thomas
Keller Williams
678-973-9473