bsaylor.kron…, Renter in Chicago, IL

What is the neighborhood like at 3325 W. Washington Blvd., Chicago, IL 60624 -- N. Homan Ave. & W. Washington Blvd., Chicago, IL

Asked by bsaylor.kronstad, Chicago, IL Wed Apr 24, 2013

Answers

11
Seth Captain’s answer
While fair housing laws may prevent our above all ethical breaches profession from commenting on various socio-economic components, what I can tell you, without breaking the law and with utmost certainty, is that Garfield Park, where you are presenting addresses, especially on Washington Blvd and East Garfield, has some of the best collection of turn of the century buildings in the entire city of Chicago. That is not hyperbole. When you follow the others advice to do a drive-by or three, you'll see for yourself why you are sitting spellbound in NYC while you ogle those listings.
I'm originally from that area. At this time I would advise not choose Homan right now. I would suggest maybe starting from 2500 W. - 3200 W. The area has transformed in leaps and bounds, but, once you go past that point, it starts to get a little "sketchy." I see in one of your previous comments that you wouldn't have a car. Washington is a block down from the green line train that goes into the loop. I would also recommend looking at nearby streets like Warren, Walnut, and Fulton.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 10, 2013
look in 60612
Flag Sun Nov 10, 2013
Trulia has a color coded crime map on each listing. Go down to local information and you will find the tab. I am not a realtor so I can say this -- I would not live in that area.
We are enjoined from commenting about neighborhoods based upon the federal fair housing laws. Like others have commented, it is you who will need to determine if the neighborhood is to your liking.
There are web sites you can go to to determine crime rates as well.

Hilary http://www.hilarypender.com
fair housing fair housing fair housing
Why don't you contact me & tell me what you're looking for pricewise & sizewise. We literally cannot speak to the safety of a neighborhood. Any comments of that sort can suggest discrimination & good-bye license. If you are already working with an agent, trust that he or she is finding you properties that fit your criteria. Barbara Biederman, City Point Realty, bbiederman@citypointrealty.com or 773-914-5309.
Hi, Barb!
Flag Thu Apr 25, 2013
We cant comment on this sort of thing. I suggesst you go to the place at all different times of the day and night. Only you know whats best for you.
Oh, and I can't just drive by. Don't have a car in this town yet. I'm from NYC, where the last thing we want is cars in town.
The reason why I'm asking is because I am not from Chicago and thought this was a place to get feedback on the community. I am supposed to see a place in this area, but am worried about the safety. Surely you can comment about that?

Elizabeth
This area is directly to the East of Garfield Park.

Drive by and visit the area at different times to see if it meets your family's needs.
I'm not sure why this is even a category for Q&A, since agents can't comment on this issue due to fair housing laws. If you're interested in the neighborhood, spend some time there at different times of day and determine your comfort level. Look at the crime statistics for the area. Only you can determine what's best for you and your family.