Paul Desrobe…, Other/Just Looking in Massachusetts

What is the crime rate in Los Angeles, CA Eagle Rock area?

Asked by Paul Desroberts, Massachusetts Fri Apr 25, 2008

Answers

4
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 1, 2008
Hello Paul,
The best source of information for this is http://www.lapd.org. This is the official website for the Los Angeles Police Department where you can find area crime statistics and other useful information.
You can also contact me for information on available homes in the Eagle Rock area.
Paul Cruz 310-498-4942, paucruz@kw.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 25, 2008
My question is why Eagle Rock? There are a lot of great communities in North East Los Angeles (NEALA). I would work with an agent that knows the area. You might want to check out Glassell Park and Mt Washington as well.

Also, if you are looking at homes in the area, make sure the agent works in both the Pasadena and Westside MLS. This neighborhood is between the two and houses may be listed in one or the other or both.
Follow Paul Cruz for some hard data. My answer is more anecdotal and from personal experiences. There are/has been some gang activity there. You gotta remember that youre sandwhiched in between glendale and pasadena. Then you got highland park as well. It definitely does not have the tree lined street tranquilness of Hancock Park. I'd equate it so some parts in downtown LA - some parts you will feel safe, but you know you're not too far from the grime. You know, like living in Silver Lake. Drive through the area at night..and at different times during the night on different days. If you see people jogging at midnight, like I see in my hood then that specific area is probably OK. and also talk to people that live there. im around that area sometimes. it does have a kind of hip grimey feel to it, but that doesn't necessarily mean you're gonna have trouble being there. again, drive through the neighborhood.