jodie_sabati…, Home Buyer in Sarasota, FL

What is the crime like around Cocoanut, 25th Street and Dr. Martin Luther King Ave intersection?

Asked by jodie_sabatini, Sarasota, FL Thu Jul 5, 2012

Answers

4
very BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MLK is the worst area in Sarasota for crime. Just FYI. I live on the corner of 19th and central. 19th is a great street. Central cocoanut is a pretty good area if you carry a clean lifestyle and stay out of trouble. No one will bother you if you don't bother them. I've lived here for a year and a half and have had no trouble whatsoever. I would estimate that east of Central, West of 301, and MLK and north is the worst area for crime. A lot of drug dealing, prostitution, and questionable things going on. I pulled into a drug deal by accident trying to get around a restaurant to pick up a piece of picket fence laying on the side of the road. It just so happens that Ringling school of art is just west of that area though, just west of cocoanut ave, and the campus is pretty safe as far as I've heard from my friends that attend school there. A lot of art students live along cocoanut ave.
http://www.city-data.com will give you stats about areas by zip code. You can also go to greatschools.net which will not only give you information about the school but statistics as well.
Kim Kruysman
Michael Saunders & Co.
941-441-6628
KimKruysman@MichaelSaunders.com
Hi Jodie:

It's against the law for Realtors to answer a "good neighborhood" question. Your best source for this information is the Sarasota County Sheriff: http://www.sarasotasheriff.org

David Barr, Broker Associate
Sandals Realty
Twitter: @sarasota_homes
Blog: homesinsarasota.blogspot.com