Crime & Safety in Hawthorne>Question Details

southerncros…, Both Buyer and Seller in Indianapolis, IN

What is the crime like?

Asked by southerncrossinvestments, Indianapolis, IN Wed Dec 18, 2013

Answers

4
Here is a website run by the city of Indianapolis. You can put in the address of properties and pull down crime statistics. This is how I and my clients research areas..

http://maps.indy.gov/MapIndy/Index.html?theme=crimeviewer
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 28, 2013
There are some advantages to Hawthorne from an investment point of view. There has been some new developments in that area, with a new apartment community, new schools, etc. The houses in that area are more run-down, so you get what comes with that.

It depends on what type of investor you are... If you are looking to pick up a couple houses for rental purposes for the short-term, I would look in other areas.

If you are a "Monopoly Player," it would be a good area to look at. It is close to IUPUI, which is growing, and has a lack of affordable and safe rentals nearby. It is near the zoo, NCAA Hall of Champions, White River Park, etc. So there is a lot of potential in that area if someone wants to build up the neighborhood.

Thank you.

Avery Garrett, Realtor
Coldwell Banker Kaiser
317-721-2274
soldbyavery@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 19, 2013
That is a pretty subjective questions. My best advice would be to do some research on your own. Go to Crimereport.com or google and you should get all the answers you want.
A better question would be, What is the Hawthorne community like? Is it fractured and aggressive, or communal and friendly, or somewhere between? Is it changing for the better?