Crime & Safety in Mission>Question Details

Trulia, Other/Just Looking in San Francisco, CA

What is the crime and safety like in the Mission?

Asked by Trulia, San Francisco, CA Tue Oct 25, 2011

Is this area safe or dangerous? What types of crimes are committed? Are there any intersections or streets that should be avoided?

Texas Born’s answer
The mission has a gang and drug problem the gangs are seperated buy street and color.You have red and blue red from 22nd towards ceaser chavez and blue back going towards duboce.Then you have the 21st gang that divides the to colors.Some say they were red but not from what ive seen.Their is alot of drug activity and alot of drinking that goes on their on 21st and Bryant.I havent had any problems their and i have lived their for atleast 5 years.In the past few years their seems to be a little prostitution starting to build up you see women standing around every now and then jumping in and out of cars.Word has it that the young kids run the show but ive heard rumors that a guy named d-loc is the one that controls everything.He is a older guy in his late 30s i have seen him around but never meet him.From what i heard from a friend of mine he is a recording artist but i dont know what his recording name is.Neighbors that now him or say they do say he is a real melow guy but looks can be well you know.And the times i have seen him he always has different women with him and alot of times more than a few.When i go to the corner store i never have any problems and they always say hello to the neighbors and the people who walk by.Other than that its pretty calm in that part of the Mission besides the few things i mentioned.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 24, 2011
Dear Sir,

You must have bumped your head. The businesses and land values keep going up, while crime continues to drop. Please, cast your judgemental MORALISTIC values back at Texas. If you don't like it here, feel free to leave. You're an idiot. As some one from here, I have never met any D-Loc. However, should I ever meet the infamous D-Loc, I shall give him your warmest thoughts.

Flag Wed Mar 21, 2012