Crime & Safety in 28273>Question Details

James, Home Buyer in Chandler, AZ

What is the area like in zip 28273? Near 160 and Carowinds Blvd. Were interested in KB homes Hamilton Lakes.

Asked by James, Chandler, AZ Fri Dec 21, 2007

Answers

7
tabjordan33’s answer
Hey James, Happy New Year!

I have lived in the Yorkshire community near Carowinds and the Rivergate Shopping area for 18 years. I have seen many, many positive changes! I love this area! We are now close to everything so I don't need to go into town for things. The highways are close by which connects you to everything. The public schools are great!! My son graduated top of his class and went on to be awarded a full acedemic schoolarship to UNC! Having Carowinds close by is great too, and you can see the fireworks free in the area neighborshoods! There are activities all the time in this area and about 5 miles away at Lake Wylie. I have great neighbors and feel very safe! Definitely give this area some consideration!! I think you will be very happy!!
Hey James! I actually know ALOT about this Community as I just helped a client purchase a home here as well as I just listed a home. What kind of information would you like? Are you looking at new construction or a resale? There were several great prices on some resales in Hamilton Lakes. Also, the model home prices just dropped considerably (I sold one of them - The Berkley, but the Adams model was still available). I would love to have the opportunity to answer more of your questions. Please call or email me at your convenience ... 704-421-2107 or Debra@HMProperties.com.

Best, Debbie
Hey James - I lived in Huntington Forest (HF) for nearly 5 years and is in the hear of Steele Creek. I lived there before Home Depot, Target, Bestbuy...etc got there. It was nothing but trees.

The area is certainly changing for the better in that there is a visual sense that this area is growing. Traffic is often heavy but the area is quiet at night and there are a lot of activities in the Rivergate shopping center (e.g. music, fairs...etc).

What else would you like to know? What type of home are you looking for?

I now live in Chicago, IL and my home is on the market I can give you some great tips for dealing with builders... new construction can be a very big pain in the...

Carlos
Hey James,

I was in Hamilton Lakes with a client the week before Christmas! If you are looking for square feet for less money, than this is a great option for you! The Steele Creek area is fast growing and is convenient to both Charlotte & Lake Wylie in SC. As a buyer's agent, I would be honored to assist you with your search in this community and others in the area. My office is located off of 160, so I could meet you there at your convenience! The cool part about new construction is that the builder pays all commissions, so you would receive my representation and expertise as a 21+ year resident at no cost to you! And the price is the same no matter, so it is nice to have someone on your team! Feel free to call me tomorrow at 704-996-8195 or email me at jen1@kw.com. Have a great night!

Jen Mildenberger
Hi James,

Before you buy in any particular area it is advisable to consider all of your options.
I would be glad to discuss this process with you at your convenience.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 23, 2007
I think the area is good and definitely growing. I manage a property for an investor in that neighborhood and the tenants seem to be happy with the neighborhood. With all the new shopping in the area and widening of hwy 49, the area has gotten even more attractive.

It also helps to have the Palisades within a stones throw (a southern term!) away!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 21, 2007
James,
Contact Chip Walton with Keller Williams at 704-779-6336 tomorrow. Tell him that Ed Nailor recommended him. He knows the South Charlotte area better than anyone and can give you all the help you need. Good luck,
Ed Nailor
Web Reference: http://www.ednailor.com