Crime & Safety in Boston>Question Details

Jennifer, Other/Just Looking in Ashmont Street, South...

What is the Neighborhood like on Ashmont Street, south dorchester. Is it a safe neighborhood?

Asked by Jennifer, Ashmont Street, South Dorchester Tue Feb 12, 2008

Answers

5
Jen,

I live close by and have had no quarrels. But that's my opinion, Boston Police have a pretty useful site where you can get statistics. Just google crime statistics in Boston.

Web Reference: http://shaunshouses.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 23, 2009
Jennifer,

Issues of neighborhood safety are best addressed by the local police department or the county sheriff department. They have access to the moct current and accurate information and are generally very willing to be helpful.

You might want to call the local police department to find out if there is a crimewatch meeting in the area you could attend.
Hi Jennifer
I suggest you ask some of the local business and home owner. I am pretty sure they will give you the answers you want. I know that I have lived in that area almost all my life and I like it. Plus also talk to some of the local police officers that work in that area.